Thread: 'Saved $20

Default 'Saved $20

..by rotating my own tires...

What the hell was I thinking?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

have you paid someone $20 to rotate your tires previously?

I havent rotated my tires in 10 years.

I had a guy that sold tires to Toyota tell me that was a racket by tire companies to make you buy more tires.

I drive 40-60k miles per year and average 80k+ on a set of tires. No rotation.

I have 40K on a set of Perelli Scorpions and they still have 2/3 tread.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I havent rotated my tires in 10 years.

I had a guy that sold tires to Toyota tell me that was a racket by tire companies to make you buy more tires.

I drive 40-60k miles per year and average 80k+ on a set of tires. No rotation.

I have 40K on a set of Perelli Scorpions and they still have 2/3 tread.

I too have never rotated tires......and have purchased more trucks than tires.....I aint saying it doesn't promote a more even tire wear...maybe a little.....but I dont think its worth it...as long as your front end is decent and you dont spin tires a bunch....but then, you are just wearin em all out a lot faster.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    Never because I usually dont' rotate my tires - at least not on rear-wheel-drive vehicles.

I havent rotated my tires in 10 years...
    Same as you but, it's a little bit of a story, the last set of tires I got included 3 of one species and one of another. They were similar enough that I didn't catch it at first. Long story short, I finally noticed because it was pulling. The garage offered to replace the tire being nice they rotated the tires for me which put the more worn tires up front. I just reversed what they had done to keep the better tires up front.

I usually get 100,000+ miles out of LTX tires and have never rotated them before.

On my daugher's rice burner, I've noticed that the front tires wear quicker, so I do rotate those tires.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

So was it a good workout? What was your time?

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    Discount Tire does it for free
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Discount Tire does it for free
    So, a store that sells tires offers a free service that is supposedly prolong the life of your current tires?

Kinda makes you wonder.....
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I don't wonder, I just go get it done...

They also patch tires for free, whether you bought them there or not. There are some companies run by decent folks that actually believe in winning customers over by amazing customer service, believe it or not.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

My tire man in St. Matthews rotates my tires at no cost. I think it helps with the life of the tires.

So, a store that sells tires offers a free service that is supposedly prolong the life of your current tires?

Kinda makes you wonder.....
    I rotate mine religiously.

I am on my fourth set. 106k miles...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton