Thread: Piedmont Hunt Club?

I remember seeing someone mention this a while back and talking about wanting more members. Haven't been on for a while and missed any further discussion. So, whats the scoop on this org?

My initial thoughts were that it would be rampant with public land mentality (shoot anything) as it seemed to be sort of a replacement for the old wma system that dominated much of the timber land in the piedmont. There would be little control over that many people over that much area.

However, seeing all the land available as I drove through part of Fairfield County has made me want to get more info on the group. I like the land access aspect of it, anyway.

So, whats the scoop? Any opinions on it. Can any members speak as to expectations of quality control (of people as well as game). Is there a website? Are they still looking for members?

I'm sure this has been discussed but I missed it and after seeing all the land posted with PHC signs I want to know more about it.
    Twat did you say? I Cunt hear you. I have an ear infuction.

http://www.scducks.com/ubb/cgi-bin/u...c;f=6;t=000872

http://www.piedmonthuntclub.com/

This is my 30th deer season, and I have been associated with numerous clubs and have hunted in 7 different states - and I can tell you in my opinion, this is THE BEST club I have ever been associated with!! Hands Down, period!

All land are enrolled into a QDM type management. With the large # of hunters comes diversification, so there will be a few that shoot a smaller buck and will be fined.
    BIG emphasis on youth and getting new hunters into this sport.
    I have known the President (Mr Wayne Archie) for several years now and I can tell you he is as good a hunter and woodsman as you will ever meet, and what makes that so good for the club is his willingness to help, very unselfish!!

We have plans to enlarge and diverisfy. Cnanot go into details as we are still hammering out the details, but IF we can pull off our plans, this will be THE club to join!!
    Land is divided up into units. A unit may be 100 acres, 75 acres or 200+ acres and you sign into that unit, you will have it all to yourself.

This is not (NOT) a wilderness club experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call me
    W: 704-887-4873
    H: 803-684-3619
    and we can talk in person
    Or call one of the other directors listed on the web site.
    We still have openings and would like to have you join in - being a fellow SCDucker would even be a plus!

Over 3 MILES of food plots in Kershaw COunty. As of now, we have 11200 acres. A real bargin in SC!! LOTS and LOTS of land, QDM, fun and fellowship, plans for expansion and alot of pekrs not normally associated with a "normal" deer club in SC.
    Big game, small game, recreational activities, campoing, boating, fishing, waterfowl ...... PHC has it!!

Call me!!

Curtis Piper
    "PHC New Member Director"
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

Thanks Piper. I thought it was you who had mentioned it before.

I looked at the site. Kinda lost me at the guest day purchase closure of September first. Don't think I'd want to join if I can't bring guests.

Kinda like the overall shceme of things though.

You can bring guests. Call Wayne or me.
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

I manage some of the land that Piedmont HC leases. I can attest to them being a good club, atleast from my standpoint. Never any problems with Wayne or any of the members.

Piper,

The "book" yall put out each season is an excellent resource!
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Any dog huntin?
    More fuel = more boost!!

As of this season, no.
    We do allow dogs for rabbits, quail, waterfowl and tree rats - but no dogs for deer while deer season is in.