Thread: Coolest Sporting Clay Shot

Default Coolest Sporting Clay Shot

I had the pleasure of shooting some clays in South Georgia last weekend. We shot at a preserve by the name of Dorchester's. They had one of the coolest shots I had ever seen. Reporting pairs. 2 trampolines set up on their sides with the bottoms kinda buried. The clay flew into the center (s) of the trampoline and popped up the clay in an arc up and down. One from the right, and one from the left. I didnt have my phone or camera on me at the time, but it was neat. Kinda effed me up too, I only hit 7 out of 10 there.

What is the coolest sporting clay shot you have seen?

Iv shot that course and that station. It's pretty neat trying to hit em off the trampoline! Shot clays at a private quail plantation once in thomasville, ga. They had a thrower up in a windmill behind you. Basically, it was like shooting woodies on a pass shot as it flew over your head 30 feet in the air. They also had a statue of a pointer and the clays would come out at his feet like rising quail. Can't hide money I guess...

Every year our club shoots at a plantation on the upper Cooper River. One of the favorite shots they set up is the "coot shoot". It's a rabbit trap that throws the clay skipping across the water in the rice field. If you wait too long the coot might dive. What makes it most fun is that it's easy for you (and everybody else) to see where you missed. The station is used for the grand prize sudden death shoot off so by the end of the day, everybody is gathered up and the pressure is on. Heckling is encouraged.

Another memorable presentation was at Gallivants Ferry. They had a rabbit that would hit a sloped ramp near the end of it's run and do an arching hop over a big ditch. It resembled a deer jumping a canal ditch. It looked easy but the speed change made it a sucker's shot.

Backwoods had a trampoline shot the last time I was there.

They had one on my FIL's plantation that you had something like 0.2 of a second to shoot and hit through this little window, one of those little clays that has jet engines on it. Gave people fits on the expert course. Needless to say I'm 0'fer on it.

Another one they had looked like it was coming straight at you but targets were hitting the trees right above people and raining shards down on them, they moved it where it was coming to the side a little more.

I'm sure they'll have a few new wrinkles at Thanksgiving when I get down there.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

The trampoline target originated here in SC by none other than Dave Lemmon at Backwoods Quail club. Cool target but not particularly difficult. His other signature target that causes shooter fits is the water battue. It skips on the surface of the water before it turns over. It only gets about 3 feet off the water.

Some other cool ones are the water rabbit. It is thrown at mach 5 along the water surface before it slows down and sinks.

Another is a rabbit target thrown below a tower platform on edge. Very difficult target as it bounces away. Shooting down below your feet at an on edge rabbit is ver unnatural for a wingshooter.

At the GA state they had a rabbit target thrown straight down from a tower with some serious heat. It took some serious lead and quick hands.

There are many others but those are the most interesting that I can remember.

A rabbit thrown below my elevation right to left I really dislike.