Thread: Bomb Plant 11-13-04

46 deer and 13 hogs were killed. There were a few nice 8-points, but overall not a very good hunt.

I watched all of the deer come out of the meat truck as we were waiting on our deer.

Can you honestly say that you would've shoulder mounted ANY of those deer?

Can't say I would have mounted any of those deer. I was pretty dissapointed with the hunt this year. I didn't even hear a dog during the second hunt. This was the worst hunt I've ever heard of down there.

I talked to a stander from Hartsville on the morning hunt when I came out of the swamp-- was that you?

It wasn't me. Might have been one of the guys I was with though. Did you happen to get his name?

This fella was in his early 60's. He knew the same folks I knew from Hartsville. He was on a stand on a big powerline cut in unit 12 on the morning hunt.

We listened to a helluva race and watched the doe flash the powerline 400 yards away at about 10AM.

Sounds like one of the guys I was with. He said he was on a powerline and while he was talking to one of the dog drivers a doe ran by up on a hill. I'm not sure which unit he was in though.

"46 deer and 13 hogs were killed"

Why in the world would anyone complain?? If that wasnt good enough, maybe an attitude realignment is in order.
    ONLY in SC will people complain about killing SO MANY deer.
    We had 6 deer killed on the AM hunt last weekend at the dog club and someone complained, Good Grief.

Maybe its best to say it like this:
    "I (ME ME ME) didnt see a deer, nor did I kill one. What a piss poor hunt. Now, IF I (ME ME ME) had killed a 230lb 19" 12pnt, then it would have been a most excellent hunt".

Just be thankful that you have the mental, emotional and physical ability to engage in HUNT. There are alot of folks that cant.
    My dad cant hunt anymore, fully diabled, and even if he had not seen a deer, killed a deer or heard a race, JUST being able to be out in nature, having fun and fellowshipping with friends and family, THAT would have made it a most excellent day in the field.
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

I wasn't complaining about the number killed...was just saying that by SRS standards, the numbers were low. I went last year and didn't kill anything either, but was satisfied by hearing some good chases. The thing that bothered me about this year is that I paid $90 to hunt one day and didn't hear a single chase the whole day. I did hear a couple dogs bark once or twice on the first hunt, but I expected to at least get to hear a few good chases.

scds, we are going down 12-8-04, maybe it will be better then. I talked with a guy who went the first hunt this year and killed a 9pt. over 200 pds. with a 23" inside spread. He said it was worth the $90.00.

We're headin' down on 12/11/04. I've been 5 times, I think, starting in 1997. I've taken 3 nice bucks & a 128 lbs. pig. I'll plan to head down there each year if they continue to draw me. There aren't many places that I know of where you can spend that small amount of money & have the opportunity to take some huge bucks / hogs. Granted that it is not guaranteed or anything, but with 2 of my bucks grossing 130" & 125" green, I think that it is worth the money to go. Most private places that have bucks over 120"+ will cost you close to a grand $,$$$ if not more & they have the trophy fees added on top of that. In 2000, there were only 18 deer taken total. On the flip side, my first trip down there in December 1997, there were 165 deer & a few hogs taken. You just have to realize that you might get a shot at a big one & you might not. Good luck & hunt safe to all the guys & gals headin' down there before the season ends.
    “I’ve often said there’s nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse.” - Ronald Regan
    GOD Bless America!!!
    Echo '94
    Lankyman