Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $7500 straight out to buy ATV 4x4...Which One!

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Yep but its not a job to drive like a ranger, you can go alot more places and can have fun on them. Not to mention you put a set of mudlights all the way around and there is not a thing out there that will follow you. I looked for a used one the past year and a half, hard, never could find one so i had to wait 2 months on a new one. Becuase no one gets rid of them.
    I never found the ranger hard to drive. I found the ranger naturally harder to lay on its side. Neither vehicle was designed to chase cows out of hay fields, that's what God created horses for, they just weren't always handy. As far as people getting rid of them, it doesn't happen and imagine trying to get a new one in the same region as the Bakken formation oil fields, those fuckers bought every new ranger and big boss for 500 miles around. Dealers wouldn't even put them on the showroom, they just called as soon as one came in.
    cut\'em

I was the envy of all the guys I rode with in Alaska. We had 27 four wheelers between the 43 of us that we're stationed together. Four Hondas, 2 Yamahas, 2 Arctic Cats, 1 Bombardier, and the rest Polaris. Those Polaris were the worst things ever in snow or water. The auto tranny wouldn't engage till the motor got to a certain RPM which was too high when going through deep snow and they would just low the snow out from under the tires leaving them high centered. In water the belts always slipped or the motor would cut off. The Arctic Cats struggled on hill climbs in loose gravel. I always seemed to be the one breaking trail for everyone else or I was the one towing others home. In three years not one of the four Hondas had an issue outside of a dead battery. Not even an issue when your bike has a pull start!!

Polaris 600

Polaris Sportsman 800

Polaris 700? After I drove around him and up onto dry ground for the photo op

Polaris 500 Scrambler with a broken belt

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Polaris is the biggest piece of junk there is in ATV's..... I have crawled around tons of them stuck....only other ATV I would have would be a Bombardier, and that's only because it will run 80 mph out the box.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Have an 86 honda 350 4x4 I'm still trying to kill. Honda all the way

and Polaris has about 3 different type of "factory" oils and fluids to purchase for the tranny, and differentials. Based on research for a friend.

Honda Rincon 680 = BAMF, if I do it again.

I have a Popo and it's good for what I do with it for now.
    The only man to ever get all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.

For $7500

Honda Forman 500 with manual shift and a 2000 lb warn winch on the front. Get the big tires and rims and they will give you the factory ones back for free.

The formans have dual springs on the rear where as the ranchers just have one. Ranchers can't carry much weight....even though they are good atvs.

And you will get some change back.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-11-2012 at 11:52 AM.

I opted for the 3000lb Warn winch on mine with full belly aluminum skid plates and A arm guards. 28" Swamplites on ITP aluminum rims, and a set of Mad Dog Gear rear rack bags to store all my tools, self recovery equipment, gloves, and extra junk. It also had a zip out full ATV cover in the rear of the rack bag. I loved my bike and will buy the exact same one again if I'm ever in the need for another!

Oh yeah, manual shift all the way!!! Toe shifters are the only way to ride. Less to break and no electronics needed to shift so even a low battery won't cripple you.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Old school Foreman 450s for work and a modded up BF 750 to play!!!! Can't tear the Foreman up and I have tried......hard to beat the Brute on the track...others have tried!!
    Racing atv's are still faster but the Brute and CanAm1000 are the most powerful utility ATV's I have ever driven!