Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .22 for deer

Quote Originally Posted by ReelHard View Post
    Hell you can take a slingshot with you if you want to. I don't know why in the fuck you would want to shoot one with a 22 though
    Challenge? Hunting skill? Limitations by law? Probably the same reason folks use a stick and string. How many bowhunter's stick deer and lose 'em........most aren't willing to say.

Effective kill range and shot placement is critical for whatever tool you choose to harvest game and nothing will replace this fact.

Most poachers hone their skill with a .22 mag and account for many more kills than most who legally hunt with "high powered" rifles. I see many posts on here by folks that "bloodied up a big one with the 300 win. mag."only to saw the horns off a rotting trophy 5 to 7 days after they find it picked by buzzards and yotes.

Why is it okay to kill a 350 lb hog with a .22 mag and then jump on the back of someone that wants to legally kill a deer with one?
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Well said cajun Well said
    I HATE Each And Everyone Of You!!!

I am going to use my kids BB gun this year. I think if i take the eyes out they will run into a tree and die. Heck maybe a blow gun as a back up.

If you are talking shit about shooting a deer with a .22Mag and you shoot deer with an arrow, you probably need to find a mirror...

Quote Originally Posted by ChasinTailFeathers View Post
    I have missed before but never in my life had to go looking for emm.damn searching for a doe,either you hit or you miss.
    This is not true. You can hit them and not kill them, not find any blood, and they run off and you assume it was a clean miss.

Were you saying you wouldn't even search for a doe if it ran after you'd shot?
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post
    This is not true. You can hit them and not kill them, not find any blood, and they run off and you assume it was a clean miss.

Were you saying you wouldn't even search for a doe if it ran after you'd shot?
    I've read that a couple of times over.

bingo
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

[QUOTE=badfaulkner;1201921]This is not true. You can hit them and not kill them, not find any blood, and they run off and you assume it was a clean miss.

Were you saying you wouldn't even search for a doe if it ran after you'd shot?[/QU

Nope I wouldnt waste my time.I kill the majority of my does with depredation permits anyway.And I let guest shoot some does depending on how many i take with the permit.

[quote=ChasinTailFeathers;1201974]

Were you saying you wouldn't even search for a doe if it ran after you'd shot?[/QU

Nope I wouldnt waste my time.I kill the majority of my does with depredation permits anyway.And I let guest shoot some does depending on how many i take with the permit.
    So you're saying that you kill a minority amount of your does without a permit. And if you missed or wounded the doe while hunting you would not look for it, hunting that is.

You're fucking up a quote, I'm trying to quote CTF.

Think about how you answer me.

[quote=Highstrung;1201980]

So you're saying that you kill a minority amount of your does without a permit. And if you missed or wounded the doe while hunting you would not look for it, hunting that is.
    Ive read this Several times and still dont understand what your trying to say.I Shoot Does with A permit off of our crops ,so when deer season comes in i limit the amount that the guest shoot.When you shoot a doe in the head you know if you hit or missed point blank.If you cant tell then you dont need to be hunting.

Really, really. You fucking dipshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Really, really. You fucking dipshit.
    Oh no you developed a stutter

Oh no you developed a stutter
    Fuck you. You cannot even understand what you typed.

JAB, I'm about to pay you 25 bucks.

haha sometimes i cant,But i have others read the shit you typed and they were lost as well.So maybe that makes us even.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    If you are talking shit about shooting a deer with a .22Mag and you shoot deer with an arrow, you probably need to find a mirror...
    Im curious why you think this?

When there is clearly a huge difference between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

haha sometimes i cant,But i have others read the shit you typed and they were lost as well.So maybe that makes us even.
    So what does a deer shot in the head do? Do they drop immediately?

So if hunting (not permit hunting) do you look for a doe if it runs? And are you shooting a .22?
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-10-2012 at 01:08 PM.