Thread: DEAD DEER

BEEN TALKING TO SOME PEOPLE IN THE LOWER PART OF THE STATE. SEEMS A GOOD MANY DEER ARE BEING FOUND DEAD WITHOUT ANY MARKS ON THEM. HEARD ONE PLACE FOUND 15 OR 20 IN A RELATIVELY SMALL TRACK OF LAND. ANYBODY HEARING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?

In the lowcountry and have not heard this!
    Sut

It's them alien experiments dude [img]graemlins/sonar_125.gif[/img]
    Like the eunuch said to Mussolini \"I haven\'t got one and if I did I wouldn\'t show it to you.\"

Lightning?
    Poison?

Old age - LOL!! NOT!!
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

from what i was told, they are stumbling arround and heading to water. swollen noses and such. a fine 8 was found off 301 as was a doe seen stumblin around in a low area. the guys who saw it went to get a rabbit sherrif and when they got back the deer was layin in the water dead.

they are stumbling arround and heading to water. swollen noses and such.
    There was spot on Buckmasters last night about blue tongue disease (formal name esapes me)where the dying deer exhibited the same symptoms. Hopefully, someone saw the show and the story morphed into what you heard 27th hand.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

I heard about it at the beginning of the week and my cousin found the doe.I hope most of the other is just stories that got away. While the population is thick, aquick spreading disease could put us back to the days where deer were scarce.

Swamp Hunter, where in the low country are you talking about? I grew up in Allendale and still hunt down there. Family is still there too. I've not heard about this.
    SHR T&R's Carolina Lucy Girl - Lucy
    SHR Carolina Magic's Max4Camiflage - Cami

For what its worth, I heard this weekend that there were some confirmed cases of blue tongue around the Okatee/Tillman area. They said that Joe Hamilton had been down and confirmed it was definitely blue tongue. The guy that told me about it was a former manager at Okatee.

Don't know yet if it is related, but we have a club near there and have seen a fairly dramatic drop in our harvest the last two years. In fact we did not shoot does this year because we just had not been seeing the deer we had been historically.
    \"I feel sorry for people who don\'t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that\'s as good as they\'re going to feel all day.\" - Frank Sinatra

Hemmoradic fever... we had some deer die off last year off Bluff Road from it. We have seen VERY few deer in that area this year.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Mosty in the lowcountry. They were ran to death by dogs. Ha!Ha!
    The more you sweat the less you bleed. Pain is weakness leaving your body.