Thread: Deer vs Bear

The story goes like this ……….. happened 50 miles north of Merrill in Minocqua, WI at Timber Ridge golf course. These pictures are of a bear and a buck which were in the turtle pond at the entrance to Timber Ridge Friday morning. The buck had a broken leg (probably from a run-in with a car) and the bear was trying to finish him off. They attracted quite a crowd and people watched them for over 45 minutes until the police showed up and shot the wounded deer. The bear left soon after the shooting started. People were on the road and the animals were on the other side of the pond roughly 100 feet away. The bear lunged at the deer many times and eventually got him on shore and broke His other front leg but the deer made it back into the water. The bear would not attack the deer when it was in the water.

Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

That was pretty neat. I wonder why they shot the deer. Shouldn't mother nature take care of him.

Too many softies now days thinking Bambi is for real.

I saw some pics of some wolves attacking a moose in one of our national parks. The scene took several days to unfold - I think the story along with some NEAT pics are in a recent National Geographic issue - anyways, a bear joins in on the situation - the moose ends up getting killed and a bear and a pack of wolves feed on the moose all at the same time - VERY cool!
    Mother Nature was not messed with - the park rangers did not intervene.
    Good Dogs- $600.00 <br />Dog Box- $350.00 <br />Old Truck- $4,000.00 <br />Hearing a pack of hounds chase Mr. Whitetail in the SC swamps - PRICELESS!!!<br /><br />I came out here to enjoy nature, dont talk to me about the environment

That's pretty cool!