Thread: Crossfit in Charleston

Default Crossfit in Charleston

Does anyone do it? Going in the morning for a "free" cant move all weekend workout. Looking at the one on DI due to being so close to work but would entertain the gym in WA because its so close to the house.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

If you can make your way to CrossFit Integrity you will be in great hands. About as good a gym as they come right there.

That is the one that is right next to my house.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Go to that one. BK will take care of you.

Knock Fish on his ass while you are in there.

I sent him over an email with a few questions. About how long do these workouts last? I want to do the early morning workouts if time will allow it.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Classes last an hour. Most of the metcons last anywhere from 10-30 minutes. But you will have strength and skill work in that hour too. This is based on what I know about their programming. Excellent gym with great trainers. PM Fish. He'll tell you more than I can. I just know Kost, and he's a legit dude and runs a legit gym.

Another option is CrossFit Iron Bridge. I lift there when I am down that way. Keith and Beth are good people and have always been very welcoming.

Ah Holy,
    I went to Crossfit Integrity. great place and Brian is a class act, along with the other folks.

I went to the 6am class most of the time and usually was done around 7- 7:15.
    Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Dexter GETS IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII
    :ACC: :ACC: :ACC:

i'm looking for a crossfit gym in charleston as well. just emailed the integrity gym suggested above. thanks for that.

but, the inter-web tells me that these gyms charge at least $100/month, some way more. that does not fit into my student budget.

questions: are there any less expensive but still quality gyms out there? if not, is there a crossfit path that does not involve joining a gym?

not interested in a workout dvd. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KJDGW View Post
    i'm looking for a crossfit gym in charleston as well. just emailed the integrity gym suggested above. thanks for that.

but, the inter-web tells me that these gyms charge at least $100/month, some way more. that does not fit into my student budget.

questions: are there any less expensive but still quality gyms out there? if not, is there a crossfit path that does not involve joining a gym?

not interested in a workout dvd. thanks.
    I don't know of any option, other than looking at a crossfit site and doing the wod on your own. It does require some special equipment, but most of all, some special training. You can hurt yourself if you have poor form.

I pay $125 a month, and I feel like it is worth it with respect to training, motivation, and comraderie. It really is a great workout.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    You can hurt yourself if you have poor form.

I pay $125 a month, and I feel like it is worth it with respect to training, motivation, and comraderie. It really is a great workout.
    i agree its worth it and proper training is a must. but i just don't have the money right now. i'm going to have to look into other options. thanks for the response.