Thread: "Stalker" Camera Question

Default "Stalker" Camera Question

I have a close friend who has a neighbor that is stalking her property. She is kind of concerned (scared). Things are happening around her home (finding cigarette butts, things being moved around the yard, all kind of little psychological games. She has called the cops but there is not much they can do without proof. She was asking me if trail cams would work? She is on a limited budget too. So, what would be a good camera for her to purchase that does not emit visible light that a pervert may notice, is easy to hide or camouflage, and takes reasonably good pictures?
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

There are several IR trail cameras that have no visible glow that would work. They can be purchased for $150 to $200.

Whatever you buy, hang it high.

Stupid people don't look up.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

So it doesn't matter what brand or style, or ease of use? I have a few cheap one's that use a flash and a memory card. I think they set me back around $60. I'm worried that this creep is going to get bolder and do something crazy. She carries now, but no one should feel like they are being watched in their own home or on their own property day and night. She now lives alone and is near retirement age and no one will help her. She lives in another state or I would take care of the problem myself. I figure something small and camo'ed. Don't some of the IR cameras have a red light or something?
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

Go to Natchez shooting supply online (www.natchezss.com) and search for the Primos Blackout. Best price I've seen. You can also get a mount that you can place up high and position to the angle you want to watch.

No flash. No noise. Perfect game/security camera.

If she has the means, i would look into having a wireless camera system installed that surveys different areas of the house.... I have a buddy that has a cool system. His house is huge, 7500 sq ft.... He can sit in his office and watch you on a live feed no matter where you are inside or out on his property (he even has a hidden camera mounted on his mailbox. He can also watch from his Ipad when on the road...

Quote Originally Posted by Downeast View Post
    So it doesn't matter what brand or style, or ease of use? I have a few cheap one's that use a flash and a memory card. I think they set me back around $60. I'm worried that this creep is going to get bolder and do something crazy. She carries now, but no one should feel like they are being watched in their own home or on their own property day and night. She now lives alone and is near retirement age and no one will help her. She lives in another state or I would take care of the problem myself. I figure something small and camo'ed. Don't some of the IR cameras have a red light or something?
    I think some of the cheaper stuff would work if mounted high and inconspicuously enough.

First, I'd figure out what she's willing to spend. Then, I'd figure out how many she's going to need. You can figure it all out from there.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

The game camera is a good idea, but something like this would be bet http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-1...recording.aspx
    We have the same setup, it can be installed by anyone, and has excellent quality. It cones with a memory card, and the cable to connect the live feed to your tv. For $250 it is a great setup.

buy her a rotweiler. then hang the cameras

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    buy her a rotweiler. then hang the cameras
    Yep.