Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Lenovo doen't come pre-loaded with a bunch of un-needed shit, RIGHT?

Isn't that why they're one of the more recommended ones?
    I only had to delete the normal virus protection crap.

Lenovo doen't come pre-loaded with a bunch of un-needed [stuff], RIGHT?

They depend on child labor in China to keep prices down.

I'm a big fan of Lenovo because they are physically rugged and use quality components. Mrs. Rubberhead can tear up an anvil and has left a wake of Dells, Acers and Gateways in her path but is three years into a Lenovo without a single problem.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Lenovo doen't come pre-loaded with a bunch of un-needed shit, RIGHT?

Dell and HP won't come with all that crap if you buy the business grade laptops. I don't have much recent experience with Lenovo though. Our Company moved away from them a few years ago.

Our boss man will not buy a Dell computer or a Toyota vehicle.

Don't believe I'll buy another Dell again either.
    Last edited by cusportsman; 08-06-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I have always liked my Toshiba Satellite.

Except when I cant find replacement charger cords...

Read the other day that Mac users are charged higher on travel sites because the have a Mac. Studies show that if you have a Mac you earn more, or are willing to pay more. I have no idea how a website can identify what kind of computer you use.
    That is awesome if it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post

Don't believe I'll buy another Dell again either.
    x Dos. I have a Toshiba right now. Like it so far. I have a Dell that is perfectly fine but it freezes up when I am doing anything with an internet connection. Figured I could just buy a new one by the time I got it looked at and repaired.
    Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 08-06-2012 at 09:02 PM.

I buy dell, Lenovo,and HP. There is always someone that has problems with the brand of machine they got. Most machines of any brand will suit you fine. Otherwise the companies wouldn't be in business. Mac makes a great machine but they charge a lot more for the same exact hardware in a pretty case. My current supplier for laptops at work is Lenovo. I have them in patrol cars and honestly if a cop cant break it, then you cant break it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    x Dos. I have a Toshiba right now. Like it so far. I have a Dell that is perfectly fine but it freezes up when I am doing anything with an internet connection. Figured I could just buy a new one by the time I got it looked at and repaired.
    Back up everything you want to keep and restore it to factory. Its not dell that makes it lock up. Its software that you installed or viruses that is most likely causing the issue.

FWIW, I forgot to mention above that I'm BEYOND happy with my Acer. It does everything I throw at it and have never had a problem with any aspect of it.

The battery has been out since day one, and only gets inserted if it needs to be.

It could use 4gigs of RAM vs. the 2gigs it has, but I've yet to upgrade it.

FWIW, I forgot to mention above that I'm BEYOND happy with my Acer. It does everything I throw at it and have never had a problem with any aspect of it.

The battery has been out since day one, and only gets inserted if it needs to be.

Ram is fairly cheap. You'll notice a pretty big difference.
    The battery thing is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    Ram is fairly cheap. You'll notice a pretty big difference.
    The battery thing is smart.
    LOL...yeah, I know its cheap, but I've just never gotten around to ordering it.

I also took out the CD drive to help it stay cooler.

I'm a smart guy.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Tab via Tapatalk2

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    Back up everything you want to keep and restore it to factory. Its not dell that makes it lock up. Its software that you installed or viruses that is most likely causing the issue.
    Word. I have had Dells before that one and was never a fan.

Get a mac, had a friend who refused to get mac before his first year of college, he just got one because his PC got screwed

Appreciate the responses fellas. To the Mac crowd, I love apple, and my iPhone, I just have a problem paying $1200 for something when I can pay $400 and get what I need. My main use for this thing will be quicken and MS Office, that's why I'm not buying a MacBook.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The new Lenovo I got actually keeps the battery @ 50% charge while plugged in for daily use to keep the battery fresh. If you plan on unplugging, just change a setting and let it fully charge.

And yes, more ram is mo betta. I went from my 13 y/o Toshiba with 512mb to 6 gigs and it's almost too fast lol.
    Last edited by B.Miller; 08-07-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Probably buying something today. Im gonna take a look at the Lenovos before I pull the trigger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Read the other day that Mac users are charged higher on travel sites because the have a Mac. Studies show that if you have a Mac you earn more, or are willing to pay more. I have no idea how a website can identify what kind of computer you use.
    I read the same thing actually.

They use the user agent property of your web browser. For example, mine looks like:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/536.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/20.0.1132.57 Safari/536.11

Basically, that translates to Windows 7 (x64) running Chrome browser.

A Mac running Chrome would look like:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_0) AppleWebKit/536.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/19.0.1063.0 Safari/536.3

Go check out http://www.useragentstring.com/ to see what else your user string tells about your PC.