Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chufa & Clethodim & 24Db

Default Chufa & Clethodim & 24Db

Can the clethodim and 24db be mixed in the tank together and sprayed on chufa without killing the chufa? I am using crop oil.

I swear that I read somewhere that the 2 couldn't be mixed for chufa, but it was ok to apply one and after drying apply the other. Now, I can't find the reference to this. It is stuck in my head not to mix the 2.....

I need to get this shit done
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

aint nobody coming to your rescue....sorry RY.

I dont know the answer, but i DO know you can replant chufa close to turkey season....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

2 fer D will yellow/brown it up pretty good. I have seen it kill it. I'd use the low rate as warm as it is outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Here you go dawg, I'll come to your rescue since 2th couldn't help! Just remember me on Mar 15th, and I don't mean to go bass fishing either!

For grass competition, use 1.5 to 2 pints of Poast herbicide per acre (see the herbicide label for non-cropland use) along with one quart per 100 gallons of solution of crop oil concentrate as a surfactant. If you also have broadleaf weeds such as coffee weed and pigweed, use 1.5 pints per acre of 2,4-DB (also called Butyrac 175), but do not use 2,4-D because it may kill the chufa. You may use this mixture alone or in a tank mixed with the Poast. In either case, use the same rate of crop oil concentrate as recommended for the Poast mixture
    Last edited by dukhuntr; 08-06-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Phillipians 4:13

there's yo answer. now chop chop. I can see the weeds growing from here and I need the spray rig off the tractor so i can get some shooting lanes mowed!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

If you are spraying Clethodim on anything DO NOT tank mix. I dont understand the science, dont know what happens but dont mix a grass herbicide with anything. I sprayed 25 acres of peanuts 3 years ago and had so grass so i added some Clethodim. I am convinced nothing kills peanuts but frost and fire. I about killed these peanuts. Since then I have always made 2 apps. It was explained to me and I dont remember/understand just dont do it. It is very frustrating when you spray 600 acres of peanuts in a day and a pice and realize you have to start over where you finished to kill the grass...

Late as hell looking back on this

aint nobody coming to your rescue....sorry RY.

I dont know the answer, but i DO know you can replant chufa close to turkey season....
    I know why you hate everybody now. Top sowing corn on or about March 14th is an acceptable agricultural practice in Hampton county that works well also

Quote Originally Posted by dukhuntr View Post
    Here you go dawg, I'll come to your rescue since 2th couldn't help! Just remember me on Mar 15th, and I don't mean to go bass fishing either!

For grass competition, use 1.5 to 2 pints of Poast herbicide per acre (see the herbicide label for non-cropland use) along with one quart per 100 gallons of solution of crop oil concentrate as a surfactant. If you also have broadleaf weeds such as coffee weed and pigweed, use 1.5 pints per acre of 2,4-DB (also called Butyrac 175), but do not use 2,4-D because it may kill the chufa. You may use this mixture alone or in a tank mixed with the Poast. In either case, use the same rate of crop oil concentrate as recommended for the Poast mixture
    I never mentioned "Poast".....

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post
    there's yo answer. now chop chop. I can see the weeds growing from here and I need the spray rig off the tractor so i can get some shooting lanes mowed!
    STFU. It is done. See coonhunter's reply below and you will know why I was so careful (anal) about getting this done the right way.....slow down..take your time

Quote Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
    If you are spraying Clethodim on anything DO NOT tank mix. I dont understand the science, dont know what happens but dont mix a grass herbicide with anything. I sprayed 25 acres of peanuts 3 years ago and had so grass so i added some Clethodim. I am convinced nothing kills peanuts but frost and fire. I about killed these peanuts. Since then I have always made 2 apps. It was explained to me and I dont remember/understand just dont do it. It is very frustrating when you spray 600 acres of peanuts in a day and a pice and realize you have to start over where you finished to kill the grass...
    D, thanks man. I wound up doing 2 applications. I'm gonna do a drive by on Thursday to check the results.

Also, you left your hat on the porch a few weeks ago hanging on the back of a rocking chair the night we "helped" out all of the farmers in the Providence area. Your hat was still there as of yesterday and I didn't use it shit paper. I hope you scored one more sookie that night.........
    RY-you are a killer. plain and simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Rebel Yell has killed more shit than small pox!
    Stripa Swipa > Ron Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post

I hope you scored one more sookie that night.........
    Hehe. Got to watch out for that little fucker. He will catch an old scent trail in a minute and hound it all night.
    Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 08-14-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Styxx had a party at his lake house Saturday. I somehow ended behind the wheel of a Ford Mustang with said sookie riding shotgun. Went wherever the crowd wanted to go and had her in the spotlight. Damn slickest sookie I ever met... however, they all make a mistake eventually. I learned a long time ago coon hunting that all of a sudden those cold trails will turn into a quick pop up, and Swamper is jealous he is wifed up.

Well no one else was helping you out, just telling you not to use 24-D, and if you wanted to use 1 application it could be done, but just not with the chemicals you wanted, mentioned.
    Phillipians 4:13

word

Poast and 2-4DB.....I sprayed Poast and 2-4d and luckily the 2-4d didnt ding it up to the point that most of it didnt come back........

I have sicklepod taking over a once stellar looking chufa patch. What should I spray it with?

Just pee on it.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

mow it.
    and pray

people are so excited for this rain we are getting and all that it is watering is pigweed, sicklepod, morning glory, johnson grass, and cocklebur....at least at my place.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Yeah the rain is seriously dicking up my plots. Worst weed year I have had in a long time. Chemicals didn't work for shit in a lot of places with the extreme temps a while back and we are paying the price now...

Look into 2-4Db for the sicklepod on the chufa. Butyrac 200 or something similar.

We sprayed some chufa earlier this year with Poast and Butyrac 200.

BTW what's RY up to?

How about this shit eating devil sent pigweed? Something that won't kill everything else. I just want it gone, like in I never have to see it again.

I never spray my chufa and the Turks still kill it!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.