Thread: canned peaches and pit-peal jelly

Default canned peaches and pit-peal jelly

did this last night.....canned all the peaches and then cooked down the peels and pits to make jelly... i have made jam and preserves before but never jelly, but it turned out awesome. definately worth making especially after peelin all those peaches, its cool to make something good out of the "scraps"

As my neighbor told me Saturday when I was makin pickles "you're gonna make a good grandma some day" Good work man! I gotta start canning maters this weekend it looks like.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Oooohhweee, just need a hot biscuit, mmm dang

Those weren't put there by a man in a factory downtown..

Looks good Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by HARV View Post
    As my neighbor told me Saturday when I was makin pickles "you're gonna make a good grandma some day" Good work man! I gotta start canning maters this weekend it looks like.

haha, damn right.... me and my buddy were discussin this shit when we were makin the okra the other day. i have an old cannin cook book published by Ball from the late 1930s, and i use it for reference alot.... its crazy how vague some of the recipes and methods are described. back then people didnt need to be told to firmly pack brown sugar when measuring, they just knew it. all over that book it mentions "some house wives like to do it this way or that way" in todays world that shit would be considered sexist....

but yea, i said to my buddy that was helpin me can the okra "you know, back in the day, women got together and did this shit for fun while the men were out killin shit, workin, or relaxin. now me and yo ass are sittin here picklin okra while my wife sits in the livin room and reads 50 shades of gray" something is screwed up about this picture. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Those weren't put there by a man in a factory downtown..
    Hahaha!

DDS, what proof is that shine?

If I had my little way I would eat peaches everyday..

It's nature's candy.

I use my grandma's early 40s recipe book for lots of things too.'speshly bakin and picklin,certainly has those old time taste built in.Love it when it says get you some bacon grease,dietician's today would stroke just reading it.Slit that there roast beef and insert lard etc etc.We'll often get together about 6 of us and get some canning done up.

Ive been a canning fool this year.... So far i have put up okra, peaches, peach jelly, dill pickles, pickled green tomatoes, figs, hot pepper vinegar, and pickled banana pepper rings.

Still want to make some more dill pickles cuz the ones i made were great and ive already ate half the jars i made.

I'd do a crock of brine pickles if I could find smartweed but it's been way to dry and I can't find any.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post

but yea, i said to my buddy that was helpin me can the okra "you know, back in the day, women got together and did this shit for fun while the men were out killin shit, workin, or relaxin. now me and yo ass are sittin here picklin okra while my wife sits in the livin room and reads 50 shades of gray" something is screwed up about this picture. haha
    Boss woman wants to know if your wife is re-reading it,reads slow or readin a page a day.

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    Ive been a canning fool this year.... So far i have put up okra, peaches, peach jelly, dill pickles, pickled green tomatoes, figs, hot pepper vinegar, and pickled banana pepper rings.

Still want to make some more dill pickles cuz the ones i made were great and ive already ate half the jars i made.
    You need to do less canning and we need to do more flatfish shooting.

Looks good though bud.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

That's good stuff buddy, it's a dying trade these younguns coming up know nothing about.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I have been lazy this year with my canning. I still have to get some figs to put up. The squirels mobbed my Mom's tree. She did not alert me to this as she knew the
    rodents would be out of luck. I need a good 1/2 bushel basket or 2 of figs if someone can help out. I am in Sandy Run if someone has some close by I would be happy pay you for them.