Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gettin er done

December is the doe culling month for KRT. Slicks step out then bam!

Got a double this evening and was home by 6pm.
    More fuel = more boost!!

And I'm still skunked, bam damn, again, last night, sitting in the stand, calling them in, a doe comes through the woods 25 yards behind me, cant turn to shoot. She's looking dead at me, doesnt even know I'm there. Well if she walks 15 feet to the right, she's dead, but no she walks to the left deeper into the woods. never seen again. Thats about the fifth time this has happened, I'm still skunked, my patients are running low. good thing I only deer hunt 15-20 times a year. I'm at it again tomorrow evening and mon. morning. It's gonna happen this year or next. Still a great adventure wathing the sun go down in the middle of nowhere.

Duckkiller

Good looking doe's KRT, kill em' all
    Go Tigers!!!

they are all walking at night on my land... the foodplot is tore up... but nothing at all during the day. I hope the new moon helps a little.

That a boy KRT!

...same with me Moatsy! Food plots torn to hell and seeing no deer during the day. Also still seeing new/fresh rubs around the plots!

ditto on the rubs... I had just decided in my head it was beavers, even though I know better... dont wanna get the hopes up.

Deer not moving during daylight hours? No problemo, Amigo... just turn a pack of shitteaters loose on 'em

Hey Johnny, that "green" patch look familiar? Anyways I was in the country yesterday evening when you called but I got your message.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I killed a decent 9 point Friday night. I shot him at 5:55 pm, the few deer I am seeing are moving at dark.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

The hell with dem deer! Whats in dat coola!?!?!?!?
    Good to talk, see you out there!

I can't find them during daylight hours on my place either.... least not where I am huntin' damn moon. Oh well vacation days over the holidays should lead to some serious bambi wackage.

Congratulations on the does! Looks like the consensus of the group is the deer are going nocturnal. Anyone getting any trail pics that might disprove that? Just curious because we aren't seeing many deer during daylight hours either right now but the pictures from our trail cameras indicates daylight movement has acutally picked up - a couple of nice bucks are on film during daylight in fact - go figure - did shoot a nice 7 point day after Thanksgiving at 8 a.m. but other than that the deer have seemingly vanished while we are on the stand.
    \"If you can fill the unforgiving minute with sixty seconds\' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that\'s in it, and - which is more - you\'ll be a Man, my son!\"<br />Rudyard Kipling

Same thing here, lots of sign in the plots and corn and on the roads. Deer camera taking some beautiful bucks on scrapes still at night. Most of which have never been seen in daylight. I would say the rut is almost totally over. The pictures from the scrapes show almost all bucks with very few does.

Woody2

How about that little baby rack you tried to hide under the tool box???? IT FITS UNDER THE TOOLBOX!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

Originally posted by mirroman:
    How about that little baby rack you tried to hide under the tool box???? IT FITS UNDER THE TOOLBOX!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    You got him MM...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Beer cans and a cowhorn "rack" peckerhead [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]

I ain't hiding nothing, don't have to hide anything. It is a "brown it's down club anyway" Fortunately only 3 small bucks taken off it this year. Gives us a jump on QDM which goes in effect next season
    More fuel = more boost!!

DAYUM!! I think I see milk around ones mouth!

85 and 105 BSD [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]

BSD and Sasha yall just pissed away any invite you may have gotten from me. Turkey, geese in Feb, divers on Murray
    More fuel = more boost!!

I am LMFAO.....
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Touchy Touchy!!!

I'll take their place!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!