Thread: Project Venison Update

Buckmasters Project Vension Update:

As of Nov. 16th approx. 850lbs of ground venison has been donated by local hunters and delivered to Harvest Hope Food Bank in Columbia to feed the hungry. Thanks for your donations and keep them coming.
    For information about forming a Buckmasters Chapter in your area contact:<br />kgraves@buckmasters.com<br />badf.org

If you would like to participate you can use the following processors: Also, Please thank them for their willingness to support this program too!
    *You do not have to be a Buckmasters Member to participate
    **The Buckmasters Midlands Chapter will pay for the processing.

Brice Corbitt
    Corbitt's Meat Market
    1738 Airport Blvd.
    Cayce, SC 29033
    803-794-0465

Bobby McDonald
    601 Deer Processing/Hickory Knob
    *Licensed Processor (1 of 3 in SC)
    89 Hayes Mill Rd.
    Ft. Motte, SC 29135
    803-874-4011

Jack Boyer
    Boyer's Meat Market
    7804 Garners Ferry Rd.
    Columbia, SC 29209
    803-783-1433
    For information about forming a Buckmasters Chapter in your area contact:<br />kgraves@buckmasters.com<br />badf.org

seriously, i would have donated at least 400 lbs by now if i didnt have to drive an hour away to do so. i like donating and have more deer than can fit in the freezer. is there a location any closer to me? dont mind paying the cleaning fee.
    thanks.

woodie-there should be some upstate chapters forming. PM the guy who started this thread....he will know.

also, the * by Bobby's name (601) as a licensed processor pertains to HOGS&gt; we will take them, too. Makes you wonder about any other processor that does hogs. they are supposed to be licensed like Bobby.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Woodie-

The processors are located in the Midlands area because it is a Midlands Chapter. If you would like to get a program started in your area with local processors let me know. It simply requires forming a chapter and raising some money through a traditional banquet or some other fundraiser. Where in the upstate do you live?

Check out this website. www.badf.org

My family owns Cordray's Venison Processing. We are a licensed processor and it sure does make us wonder how all these other processors are doing wild hogs. We use to donate along with the Safari Club but they aren't doing that this year. How could we get that started in the Lowcountry? Or is it already started? We are very interested in donating, we have lots of hunters who want to donate meat but we dont have the funds to handle it.

The only Project Venison Processor we are using that accpets wild hogs is 601 Deer Processing and he is licensed.

As far as getting this program started in the Charleston area, There is a chapter forming down there as we speak and they are looking to add some members to their committee. (Next meeting Wed. Dec 1st. If you are interested in serving on the committee send me an email and I will give you the phone number of the guy pulling it together.

They are looking to have a fundrasiing event early next fall to generate some funds for a Project Vension Program in the greater Charleston area.