Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Join Now!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Join Now!

Thanks to the moron in Colorado, we are going to see our right to own guns in this country assaulted from every direction. The Second Amendment will be attacked by the liberal left who will use this tragedy against us.

If you are not a Member of the National Rifle Association, please join now. The NRA is, and always has been, at the forefront of protecting our rights to own firearms. You owe it to those who have fought to protect our rights in the past and to our children of the future.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...aignID=nranews

Life member, Dad signed me up when I was young. It was a present when I passed my hunter safety class.

Sad situation but I am sure the left will use this in the campaigning.
    Last edited by joeydpga; 07-21-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Been meaning to for a while now, I just signed up.

I have heard of too many folks that say how much they hate the NRA for whatever reason there may be. I have some issues myself but the NRA is our strongest gun rights organization in the US. Anyone who has a gun should join. Anyone who supports the Second Ammendment should join.

And do not forget the likes of the Second Ammendment Foundation and other gun support organizations. Join all that you can afford.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I'm a member of Gun Owners of America. The NRA isn't what it used to be.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I'm a member of Gun Owners of America. The NRA isn't what it used to be.
    No its not BUT it is the largest gun lobbying group in Washington with the most members that has a lot of lean on Congress. More than any other group. This is one area that the gun owners need to work together.

At the same time GOA is not the only one out there you can join if you don't feel good about the NRA. Jews for Guns is another that is huge.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Right on the money JAB
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

Legacy Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Legacy Life Member.
    Tater he said NRA, not SCWA...

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Tater he said NRA, not SCWA...

Well fuck....What's this NRA?

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Well fuck....What's this NRA?
    Tater, I know you fancy yourself a mathmatician so here:

NRA= National Rasslin Association

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcountry Boy View Post
    Tater, I know you fancy yourself a mathmatician so here:

NRA= National Rasslin Association
    Well hell fuckin' yeah!

Paying on my Life Membership still.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Current member. I would like to also remind people to donate to Romney. Any little bit will help. His ass is going to be fighting an uphill battle against O and the media.

while i agree with this....i cant help but make a parallel to DUCKS UNLIMITED and how its the largest group blah blah blah, but no one ever seems to think that logic works in that debate.

I am not a big fan of the NRA but i appreciate that they want to protect my rights.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

What is it that people have against the NRA? Considering what they have done and what they have prevented being done to us, we all ought to be strong advocates. Please list your grievances because I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    What is it that people have against the NRA? Considering what they have done and what they have prevented being done to us, we all ought to be strong advocates. Please list your grievances because I'm curious.

Because in some form or fashion, everyone hates a lobbyist. It just depends on what side you are on.

As a whole, we cannot understand why anyone would not support the 2nd amendment. But you have to ask yourself, what type of people are we dealing with here? I will tell you. These are the same people who don't even own cars. The same people that cannot walk into their backyard and find a frog or a lizard, the same people that do not give a rat's ass about being able to protect their selves because government does everything for them. When you get into the big cities, the majority of people that carry guns are thugs or gang members. In these areas, the majority opposes guns.

In SC, the NRA affiliate is Gun Owners of SC. They are the group that stopped the concelaed carry law from allowing those with a permit to carry in an establishment that serves alcohol.

Also in SC, we do not have good lobbying on behalf of the NRA for our gun laws. Someone out of NC represent the NRA in N & SC.

Also, an excerpt from a recent email inquiry of mine to a friend that does a lot of SC gun law work....

"A bill passed the House, but Jakie killed it. Then, Jakie introduced
    his bill, but it never got a subcommittee hearing and died a quiet
    death. I believe that Jakie only introduced his bill to serve as
    cover for killing the House bill. If Jakie had been serious about
    getting his bill passed, he would have introduced it earlier in the
    session (not the last month of the two year session) and it would have
    gotten a hearing"

(Jakie is Senator Knotts for those of you who do not keep up with him and SC politics.)

I had inquired about the status of the concealed carry in the restarants that serve alcohol. I knew a bill or two were up for consideration. And as I recall, Knotts is supported by NRA and GOSC.

But other that little crappy things like that, the NRA is one of the best things we have going for gun owners.

Sotomayer is on the SCOTUS.

If they can't muster political support to stop that, what is their purpose?

Maybe my grievance is misplaced but I truly don't understand what they're good for if not keeping a person like her from the highest bench in the nation.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

I am an NRA life member and a renewing member of the GOA. My only beef with the NRA is the constant phone calls begging for money. I give when I can but they always want more. So when I can not afford to give I do write my Congressmen and Senators. Even more now almost weekly. We have to keep the pressure on.