Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a new deer processor

I found out last night that my processor has retired He says he may start back up if he gets bored but that leaves a bunch of folks real screwed.
    Any of y'all know of a good one in the Columbia area that is taking on new clients?
    I just don't have the time or equipment to start doing it myself.

Bring that shit up here to me...I'll cut it, wrap it, and freeze it for $6.00 per pound.

Who retired?

I need one in the Bethel/Jenkinsville area that takes 'em off my tailgate and does all the work
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Thanks FW. I'm not sure but from what I have read I don't think you're from around here If you can figure out how to get the Z-71 to get MPG like a rice burner let me know and I'm on the road.
    Wish I wasn't at work... I could use a [img]graemlins/drink.gif[/img]

Who were you using?
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Yeah, that's what I'm wonderin', Sushi.

I have been using Campbell'$ for a while now, but would like to find a processor either closer in to Lexington or closer to where I hunt (Fairfield County, near Bethel). I hear that George's over in Swansea is pretty good, though.

I have used a guy named Donnie Harrison for the last five years he does a great job, and has the cleanest operation I have ever seen.
    Problem is that the guy had so much business... cutting wood goat was all he and his wife had time to do. I think he deserves a break, but I sure will miss his quality work, and extremely easy drop off and pick-up policy.
    He will be greatly missed by all of his customers. Maybe he will start back after a little fishin' and huntin'.
    Looking for a clean operation close to Columbia that you can drop off about any time since Ihave no place to hang my deer.

Oh shit... that is who I was using... He was the best I have ever seen.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Damn it, I used to hunt with him at Goff Swamp when he was a member. I hate to hear he retired but that guy deserves some hunting time! He has been way too busy.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Bad news buddy sounds like we are in the same boat. Don't bother beggin' him to keep with it about 20 of us have tried
    I will keep you posted if he has a change of heart, like I said he will be sadly missed.
    Maybe I can finally take him huntin' I have a big buck picked out for him on the farm.
    Let me know if you find another good one close.

Well, there is always Campbells....

He needs the time to hunt for sure.
    SOunds like we have hunted the same neck of the woods Lab... no mega bucks that way, but plenty to shoot at.
    Where is Campbel's and how do they run things there?

He needs the time to hunt for sure.
    SOunds like we have hunted the same neck of the woods Lab... no mega bucks that way, but plenty to shoot at.
    Where is Campbel's and how do they run things there?

Campbells is over off of Hwy 302, out a little past South Congaree. His actual location is on Old Orangeburg Rd, off of Pleasant View. You go out 302 towards Pelion, through South Congaree and past the sand pits. Go up the long hill, and take a right on Pleasant View at the top of the hill (near the big cell phone tower). Go down the hill on Pleasant View, take a left on Old Orangeburg, and he's about 200 - 300 yards on the right.

He does GREAT work, is innovative, runs a clean operation. The only down side is that he is a bit pricey, especially if you have cooked product done. He makes all the "usual" stuff - burger, cube steak, stew, steaks, butterfly loins, jerky, fresh sausage (multiple flavors, from cajun to Italian to onion), summer sausage, etc.

He also makes a NEAT hot dog, bacon burger patties, and other stuff.

He'll take em hide on, guts in, and his crew will do the work (extra $), or you can bring it in gutted and hang it yourself in his cooler.

Thanks SW that works out well that's right by the office. Maybe after this damn hurricane is over and I can find some bullets in stock I can hang one there. Do they require references or anything... my last guy did? Can you drop it off after dark?

No references, and you can drop it off after dark... even after they close. I don't know the after-hours process though.

They do want a $25 deposit (cash) with each delivery to them.

Boyers on Ganersferry Rd does a real good job and has a good price. They can get anything you want from a deer and usually has it done the same day.
    To quote a famous man \"GIT R DONE\"

Did Donnie close up shop? Sounds like Campbells is a great place. Do you need a referral or are they open for anyone?

caughmans meat plant does a hell of a job and they make some of the best onion sausage ever they are in lexington on hwy 1 at i20

Campbell's is the best i've ever tried. Hell I drive from the 'ville to get at least one done a year.