Thread: Coffee

Default Coffee

Been dieting about 4 months now and have lost 35lbs, but far from my 100lb goal and looking to see what I can change up to help keep the weight coming off. Every morning I drink approx 12-16 fl oz (big coffee cup) of coffee with 2 splendas and 2 small creamers. Wondering if I should start to phase out the coffee, or maybe cut back to 1 sugar 1 creamer?

Input? Y'all worry about coffee in your diets that much?

Add in some cardio
    More fuel = more boost!!

According to research, coffee speeds up your metabolism. I don't worry about it but I use non-dairy creamer and Splenda.
    :FYT:

Splenda isn't going to hurt that much. Cut the creamer to maybe one. Also, make sure that you are eating enough balanced foods. Watch sodium and carbs. Mix in days of cardio and strength training. Drink a ton of water. The biggest one most people don't understand when trying to get rid of pounds is to sleep a full 7-8 hours. If you need more help come by my office. I have days worth of reading you can do to figure out how to fine tune your body.
    HRCH Werts's Rusty Explorer "Drake" MH

Drink your coffee black.

Drink 1/2 your body weight in oz. per day in water plus whatever it takes to offset your workout.

Eat meat. Eat fruits. Eat veggies.

Don't be lazy like me.

If you do all of these, you should be just fine.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by WREDrake View Post
    Splenda isn't going to hurt that much. Cut the creamer to maybe one. Also, make sure that you are eating enough balanced foods. Watch sodium and carbs. Mix in days of cardio and strength training. Drink a ton of water. The biggest one most people don't understand when trying to get rid of pounds is to sleep a full 7-8 hours. If you need more help come by my office. I have days worth of reading you can do to figure out how to fine tune your body.
    Thanks Thad. I've been doing 7.5-8 miles of walking/jogging weekly, just started adding weights into it (lower weight, high reps, short rest between sets). I will cut back to 1 creamer. It's not that I'm not losing, but if there's anything I can to easily like cut back on creamer or sugar to help myself I will. I've been drinking about a gallon of water a day. Watched the video Glenn posted and have been making sure I drink right before going out for my daily walk/jog.
    Last edited by B.Miller; 07-10-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Add in some cardio
    See? Now this is funny.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Are you getting your coffee from Krispy kreme?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

I'm no expert. So I will defer to Glenn.

But my experience is cardio ain't the answer. I have gone from 240 to 204 in six months and have done "textbook cardio" exactly once. Not on purpose but I always end up too busy that day. But I do lift 3 days per week and add one day of yoga. You will burn more fat longer post lifting than post cardio. Up to 8 hours.

EAT better. You only get out of your body what you put in it.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Splenda and other artificial sweeteners will cause your blood sugar to tank, which basically defeats the purpose of being on a paleo/lowglycemic eating plan.

Just my 2cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    I'm no expert. So I will defer to Glenn.

But my experience is cardio ain't the answer. I have gone from 240 to 204 in six months and have done "textbook cardio" exactly once. Not on purpose but I always end up too busy that day. But I do lift 3 days per week and add one day of yoga. You will burn more fat longer post lifting than post cardio. Up to 8 hours.

EAT better. You only get out of your body what you put in it.
    weight loss aside, need to get that heartrate up and keep it up for a length of time just for heart health. So cardio is a necessary evil. But not cardio in the sense that most people think of it, ie jogging.

HIIT - High Intensity Interval Training. No quicker way to lose weight. Most bodybuilders who use to just walk on treadmill to stay in fatburning zone to get ready for competitions have now switched to this. Do that on top of lifting, you get the residual calorie burn from lifting weights, and that added loss from the "cardio", plus you're heart will thank you, after it finishes cussing you.

Or you could combine the two, HIIT and stength training, and you'd have this cool workout...... called Crossfit.

But the last statement is the truth. No exercise program can compensate for a shitty diet. I am proof of that
    Last edited by everlast; 07-10-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I would say no to all three.

Processed Milk, Sucralose, Caffeine.

Yeah. I'd stay away from anything processed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    See? Now this is funny.
    Thought I'd get a response
    More fuel = more boost!!