Thread: Seafood

Default Seafood

Was down at Edisto over the fourth and picked up some groceries. Had a chance to go shrimping with my uncle and one of his friends. We caught around 50 lbs (head on weight) of mixed shrimp. There were several real nice white shrimp, but mostly medium brown.

I turned some of them into a modified shrimp toast from fishes recipe.

Put the trap in for a night and caught 5 stone crab, but one was already fighting solo. Buddy brought about a dozen blue crabs that him and his daughter caught and we steamed them up and tossed them in garlic butter.

Good times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

We must have headed about 1,200 lbs of those damn little brown shrimp this week. Not near as many white shrimp but the ones that were caught were huge.

I love shrimp but dont miss working on a shrimp boat.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Nice bait size pogies amongst 'em. I'll be there in a bit over a week and on 'em.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Nice bait size pogies amongst 'em. I'll be there in a bit over a week and on 'em.
    All the bait went back. We caught over a dozen ribbon fish and small spainish. Also saw what looked to be a good sized king sky rocket in a place I wouldn't expect it.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!