Thread: Diseased deer?

A friend of my step dad's shot a 6 point this weekend with roughly a 19" spread and a good healthy looking thick rack. The funny thing is that this deer only weighed in at 100 lbs. They said that they could see every bone in this deer's body, and that it looked like a deer dog that had been lost for a couple of days. One person thought it was because of the rut, but it has been over for almost a month. Also, a few nights later someone killed a perfectly healthy looking 8 point that weighed 170 lbs. in the same stand. Do you fellas have any opinions on what could have been wrong with this deer? Blue tongue disease? By the way the deer was killed in Huger.
    Chuck Norris\' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

It's the Atkins Deer Diet... All the deer are doing it...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

We had a hunter kill a Ten-point that looked very much the same way about a month ago. A gaunt looking deer with a nice rack. Something's up?

See the Dead Deer thread below.
    \"I feel sorry for people who don\'t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that\'s as good as they\'re going to feel all day.\" - Frank Sinatra