Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: corn prices

Quote Originally Posted by ProvidenceSwamper View Post
    Ok we know what deer corn will cost this year, but what about big buck corn?

i dont know but i buddy told me last year all he got from us was Doe Corn
    Last edited by Clemsonwoodie; 06-21-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Farmers that pre-sell their harvest right now are trading in the mid $5's if they are lucky!
    It will be a huge harvest this year as the midwest region went way overboard on corn production.....Corn will probably sell at harvest time in the $5's so expect to pay a buck over market for shelled corn.
    My 2 cents worth..........
    Last edited by Calibogue; 06-22-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    "OMG!!! Corn's gonna be too high....I ain't gonna be able to hunt!"

Fuck all you democrat baitin' bastards as you're no better than the "whur my handout?" bitches y'all hypoctical bastards complain about all the time.
    Lmao!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Fuck all you democrat baitin' bastards as you're no better than the "whur my handout?" bitches y'all hypoctical bastards complain about all the time.

No, if we were the same as democrats, we'd be expecting the government to step in and subsidize our deer corn or punish the farmers for trying to make a profit. I think prices will come down by themselves due to good old free market competition, unless the government screws things up further by extending ethanol subsidies, etc.

Interesting to note that corn went to $8.31 after this thread. We are around $7.50 now...

Preach it!

Seems like pressure on corn price is being added daily now...

Biden’s Actions Are Having a Dreadful Impact on the Price of Food and the Worst Is Yet to Come

By Joe Hoft
    April 6, 2022

For just the third time in recorded history, farmers will be planting more soybeans than corn as they grapple with the rising cost of fertilizer — a cost that will almost certainly be passed on to consumers.

“We have heard that some farmers have balked at buying at the high prices and have not filled their needs, hoping prices will go down,” Nebraska farmer John Dittrich, who grows both corn and soybeans, told MarketWatch.

Prices for some types of fertilizer cost a record $1,520 per ton, an increase of 127% this year. Corn is up 4%, at nearly $7.67 per bushel. As a result, 4 million fewer acres of corn will be planted, while soybean crops will increase by the same amount, MarketWatch reported.

Soybeans put nitrogen back into the ground rather than extract it, so they only need a small amount of fertilizer when compared to corn. Previously, the average farmer used 255 pounds of fertilizer for corn, compared to 65 pounds for soybeans, Bloomberg reported.
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...orst-yet-come/

Big farmer I know in NC said it was going to cost him $800/ac to plant corn
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead