Thread: Scrapes

Anybody else seeing any new scrapes? Went to check my stand yesterday eveing and found a new scrape about 35-40 yards from my stand. Looks like the work of a big boy. Scrape was about 3' in diameter. Branch hanging over it was about 5' high and tore up. Track in the road near the scrape was huge. If only I can be there at the same time as him. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

I found three scrapes and two rubs on a logging road behind my house yesterday afternoon that wasn't there yesterday morning. The problem is, i was getting my stands out of the woods because the logging crew is setting beside my house waiting to get started. They have cut different parts of this property four times since i started hunting it,and they have cut it in deer season every time. It makes for a real relaxing day in a treestand listening to the machinery run all day.
    \"So long as the new moon returns in heaven a bent, beautiful bow, so long will the fascination of archery keep hold of the hearts of men.\" - MAURICE THOMPSON, The Witchery of Archery. 1878

I think we should ban loggers or at least make them wear tracking collars....
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

I think the timber company who know that they have leased the land to you for Hunting should be more considerate of when they choose to log. I know that it is their land and they are in it to make money, but they are also making money off of hunters who often have a whole season destoyed. One the places I hunt was clear cut last year in October. One of my best stands now overlooks nothing. I know it will grow back and the deer will come back, but it was so important for them to cut every tree during the peak of the rut? I knew there was a good buck in there, had been corning it up since July and went in one day to scout only to find a loading deck where I usually parked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.