Thread: Seven Amazing Animal Hybrids

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Seven Amazing Animal Hybrids

Seven Amazing Animal Hybrids

Zedonk

A zedonk foal was recently born in Dahlonega, Georgia at the Chestatee Wildlife Preserve. With a zebra father and a donkey mother, the zedonk sports black stripes on her legs and a donkey-like stature. It's very rare for zebras and donkeys to mate, but it's happened before — at the very least once in 2005 and three times in the 1970s, according to the Gainesville Times. Such offspring are called zedonks, zonkeys, zebrinnies or even zebrulas.

Zorse

Zorses are a more common hybrid, often bred in Africa to trek Mount Kenya. As the name suggests, zorses are half-zebra, half-horse, and are much stronger than typical horses. Though most zorses don't look this fancy, this zorse, named Eclyse, gained media attention in 2007 for her unique coat.

Beefalo

Cross a cow with a buffalo and you get a Beefalo, a hybrid that produces meat lower in fat and cholesterol than normal beef. Beefalo meat is, naturally, hard to find — only a few grocery stores in Seattle carry it. And if you want a real, accredited Beefalo, it must be three-eighths bison, five-eighths bovine.

Liger

Napoleon Dynamite may have drawn his own fictional liger, but these big cats are definitely real. Ligers tend to look like lions with stripes. They enjoy swimming, which is a tiger-only trait, and they are sociable like lions. Ligers have to be bred from male lions and female tigers — the reverse are tiglons, which are less likely to live past birth, and ligers and tiglons cannot mate.

Cama

Researchers in the United Arab Emirates crossed a camel with a llama to form a cama, which has the cloven hooves of a llama and the short ears and long tail of a camel (but no hump). Initially a product of scientific tinkering, researchers hoped the cama would be the perfect pack animal, with more strength than a llama but more agreeable than a camel.

Wolphin

The result of breeding a bottlenose dolphin with a killer whale, wolphins are a rare hybrid. Two exist in captivity, although there have been occasional reports of rare (and adorable) specimens being sighted in the wild.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/07/29/...y_pinhole-jpeg
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I thought beefalos were fat chicks.
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by muddman View Post
    I thought beefalos were fat chicks.
    You got it mixed up with "beefahos".
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    You got it mixed up with "beefahos".
    I'm like a duck: calm above the water, and paddling like hell underneath....

How about just a regular old mule.. Probably the most used and most common hybrid ever..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Mergie you forgot one VERY IMPORTANT animal that is on this list......

You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Mergie you forgot one VERY IMPORTANT animal that is on this list......

Is that the Greenwingmallawidgeonblacktealanvasback!?!?!

Is that a wack or wallard? Ha

Tamie

Reminds me of a story of a car deal from Sumter and his Beefalos.