Thread: First time out

Default First time out

Went on my honeymoon last week to punta can Dominican republic. Decided to do a couple of excursions and one of the ones listed was fishing. My wife was down to go so we went. Half a day adventure deal. Out for 2 hours and we hook something. I'm near the hot seat and sit down and take over. 20-25 minutes later we have a 70-80 lb white marlin. An hour later the guy behind me hooks a 60-70 lb white marlin. 6 of us went out and 4 got sick except for me and the wife. Can't remember the last time I had so much fun and what a fight. Something to remember for a long time.

You are better than 90% of those cats with marlin stickers on their back glass now.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The only billfish I've ever fought is a sailfish. Taking on an animal like that is a challenge. Some do it all the time, some only do it a few times. Either way. It's something to be proud of.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

congrats, a memory for a lifetime.shame your wife didn't get one too.

i've caught a number of sails and also a blue marlin which was caught on 20lb tackle.
    the release flag for the marlin is hanging on my wall in a frame.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    The only billfish I've ever fought is a sailfish. Taking on an animal like that is a challenge. Some do it all the time, some only do it a few times. Either way. It's something to be proud of.
    I got all I ever want outta that big bitch of a blue last year...I was sore for 2 days
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    You are better than 90% of those cats with marlin stickers on their back glass now.
    90%? You are being too nice BB, probably closer to 99.9%
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH