Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Georgetown Tournament

Default Georgetown Tournament

Looks like there was some good fishing on day 1. Hopefully the weather holds out for the next couple if days

Sadie Beth leads with 4 sails and they were all caught at the same time. It will probably be called after today, just about every boat fished today due to the weather conditions tomorrow.
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

They caught 5 sails. A total of 7 blues, 8 whites, and 6 sails out of 35 boats yesterday

Your right, I forgot about the 5th one, still though for those boys to land a quadruple header is insane! And they were a loooonnnggg way away, we were walking off the dock at 730 and they were just getting in.....
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

got a link?

Just a hair short but still a nice fish!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.jpg (35.4 KB, 219 views)

tourney short or legal short??

Tournament Short, I think it was 104 3/4in weighed 348lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Your right, I forgot about the 5th one, still though for those boys to land a quadruple header is insane! And they were a loooonnnggg way away, we were walking off the dock at 730 and they were just getting in.....
    Emerson is one of the top mates around....if it sticks to the line long enough it'll be released

KNO DAT
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

conservation permit holder

NBK Pro-staff

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    If I read 'mousetrap' in one more fishing thread I'm punching a puppy.

And he's making a pretty good name for himself behind the controls this year too!!
    No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

NBK Pro-staff

Dude those boys gotta be on top of their game I can't imagine fighting 4 fish at once with only one screw...

The bite went off the first day, charters boats up north were all gettin' bit as well.
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

The bite was great to the south on Thursday, nothing bit around georgetown hole til lunch or so. Friday was a better bite to the north, or just more boats fishing up there because of the weather forcast. We caught a white thursday and a nice blue friday that we measured at 105 and a half and then 104 then right at 105 again and made the call to let her go. Had a blast as always.

Island I had heard y'all had a nice one at the boat. Good on y'all for turning her loose, that is a tough call to make.
    cut\'em

did the same except for the release part..

Quote Originally Posted by trash2 View Post
    Hahaha...atta' boy...dry em out!!!!

NBK Pro-staff

Fishing with the Wildlife? Somebody said y'all didn't have raw water on the way in. If so, that sucks you probably would have had it. Glad to get the Calcutta money back though. If they had a 105 inches or 400 lbs I think we would have done it. She had the shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by trash2 View Post
    Last edited by Island Hunter; 05-31-2012 at 09:22 PM.

That's a sweet charter boat right there. The single screw and no bow thruster could make things interesting with a quad on.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Dude those boys gotta be on top of their game I can't imagine fighting 4 fish at once with only one screw...

BIG ROCK is SOON. Nice female. You still give um up, smoke's that is.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"