Thread: Spadefish

Default Spadefish

Anyone tried to catch any? I'm headed to Edisto this weekend and want to try. I know the jellyballs are thick.

Spadefish are here it is just a matter of whether you can get out to them or not.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Yeah. Doesn't look good for the weekend. May be staying inshore.

They are out there for sure. Another capt went out this morning at 5am and was getting his ass thrown around in a 38 triton by 11am. This wind needs to lay down..

Willk, through a few years of posts, seemingly we fish the same areas. I'm going down Friday-Tuesday. If it lays down I'm gonna try my spade spots. PM your digits. I'll holler if its on.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Bogster, You wouldn't want to hang out with that crowd that he'll be with... Will if it means anything I've caught them in our normal spots in this time frame. I'll be down with the wife, kids, friends, and half the family in a couple of weeks for my first stay. If it cheers you up and speaks for my luck I pulled Highstrung to get fueled up today and a run. I blew a damn bearing two blocks from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Bogster, You wouldn't want to hang out with that crowd that he'll be with... Will if it means anything I've caught them in our normal spots in this time frame. I'll be down with the wife, kids, friends, and half the family in a couple of weeks for my first stay. If it cheers you up and speaks for my luck I pulled Highstrung to get fueled up today and a run. I blew a damn bearing two blocks from my house.
    What? Me and Hammer? Or are you talking about the Edisto crowd? Are your normal spots the 40 and 60? I hear that they are members only spots. Grease your bearings Ralph.

No you booger eater, I know all sorts of shit. Y'all have fun. Oh, and I did, it was another shotty job done by a Marina.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 05-23-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Besides I found out this morning that I'm getting a mancation this year, wife, kids, and inlaws will be gone for a solid week. We're gonna have to do something fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Damn, you have more problems with that trailer.....

Do I need to bring my boat?

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Damn, you have more problems with that trailer.....

Do I need to bring my boat?

Y'all would really be fucked then.

How many blown bearings is this for you with that thing?

@ Chess

BS, the boat is 99% now, I've run her about half the day. We'll be good.

WillK, I think I'm on four within the last three years. I had everything rebuilt on it last year, and this week I think we finally finished. You and Hammer have fun, I'm too tired an old to be able to hang out with y'all now.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Highstrung,
    If you keep breaking all your gear like this I'm gonna name you Lab Junior.

I have never caught a spade but I want to. I have some friends that fish for them around oil rigs in the Gulf and they say spades are some of the fightingest sumbiotches in the pond.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

they r bad ass
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Like pulling a damn trashcan lid up under water. Them things just turn on their side and they head straight down, very fun on light tackle.