Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bourbon

Had a taste Pappy 23 this weekend from a generous friend. Very smooth!

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I've had some drinks with Phil. I tasted Sweet Lucy when he first made it, and my exact words were " if you could put that in a half pint plastic bottle we would eat it up".

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    101 in the turkey vest for a celebratory sip and 101 during turkey season to appease the turkey gods.

Rare breed to celebrate the slam.
    Yes Sir!

I'm not exactly proud of this statement, but my consumption since '95 could probably be measured in gallons by the month in bourbon. I started on 101 in college and went through 4 label changes in college. They have had 3 more since then. Rare Breed, Russell's Reserve and Jimmy Russell's 10 year old is the best you can buy that my tongue has tasted. I have a signed unopened bottle from Jimmy Russell and his son Eddie Russell who was given to my by my buddy Billy Joe Hume who is the warehouse manager at Wild Turkey.

When I moved to Baltimore in '04 few bars carried good bourbon. I had to switch to Jim Beam. By the time I left town, my regular bars had much stronger bourbon selections.

If I can't find the Wild Turkey brands, I then go with Woodford Reserve, Buffalo Trace, Maker's Mark, Knobb Creek or Jim Beam. Probably the most expensive bourbon I have tasted is Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old ($30 a glass), but some of the rarest I had was on my tour of Wild Turkey. Billy Joe let us taste test some bourbon's that he thought was the finest bourbon's he knew of from barrels that were in special spots in the warehouse. He said "Son, you can't buy bourbon of this quality"

If you ever have the chance to visit the Bourbon Trail in KY, it is well worth the trip.
    Last edited by HartClemson99; 06-27-2012 at 10:14 PM.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

I drink and prefer Old Crow. However, a hunting buddy gave me a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Bird for Christmas and it was out of this world good.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I have only had the Prichard's bourbon whiskey. I do like some rums, though. I might need to try their fine rum.

it's got to be made in kentucky for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HartClemson99 View Post
    Yes Sir!

If you ever have the chance to visit the Bourbon Trail in KY, it is well worth the trip.
    Making plans to do the Bourbon Trail next summer. Can't wait!!

I will be drinking the bourbon in the mountains this weekend. I will decide on a particular one at 9:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

woodford reserve or knob creek

101 it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Knob Creek tonight.

Margaritas at the local Messican establishment last night.... too many.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Turk 101 is great