Thread: Headed to Garden City

Default Headed to Garden City

We rented a house on the creek for this week. My saltwater fishing experience is limited to bouncing a shrimp off the bottom of the Broad River for whiting while waiting on sun to set to start working our shrimp poles.

Any tips on what to fish for and what bait to use? Thanks guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

mud minnows on a bottom rig, troll as slowly as you possibly can.
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

and you picked a hell of a week to be down there....
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Why you think I'm staying on Garden City. Pretty much the only week I could go before I leave for 6 months.
    Last edited by willyworm; 05-21-2012 at 05:13 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

If you have a mud motor you definitely just shot by my house in the creek headed towards the MQ Marina.

Do as what was stated.

just dont go north from gc and you'll be good, also if you can find live Finger Mullet get some and take a red jig head through the bottom lip and throw that around the creek mouths. That has been working for me down in MCVL...

Caught some black drum today on shrimp in gc..the pin fish are a b otch though

Put a DOA shrimp on a popin' cork and you may have some luck, too.

Quote Originally Posted by WetReed View Post
    If you have a mud motor you definitely just shot by my house in the creek headed towards the MQ Marina.
    Definitely not me sir. Forgot to mention, I'll be fishing from the pier at the house. Left the boat at home.

Thanks for the tips fellers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Come see us at Marlin Quay.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....