Thread: Flyway Foundation at the Poker Run

I will have hats (for sale-$15) and stickers (free) for those interested. If you re-up as a sponsor, I will give you a hat. just ask Simple Man how that is working out for him....

We will also have the decoy and the list of entries from SEWE and the Classic. It will be your last chance to buy a raffle ticket. We will draw at the conclusion of the day. $5/chance.

Thanks again, Gunning Bird. I have had that decoy on my desk on and off for the past few months. I have shown it off to a LOT of duck hunters and will miss it when its gone....It has gotten some wonderful praise from those that know what they are talking about.

Looking forward to raising some money for the ducks and for the Refuge. Look out for some info coming down the pipe for the next FF workday. We are branching out into new areas after some more studies of telemetry and band returns...and we need 500 houses. We should also have some published reports from hen house usage and some IMPRESSIVE numbers from brood survival soon. Be sure to check for web tags on the mallards you kill this year....

Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Teefers,

Glad to have been of service with the decoy donation. I will surely miss that bird come December when it would have gone into the decoy sack and used in the beaver swamps.

Hope you all are able to sell lots of tickets which will help fund the next round of hen house construction. You guys are doing a great job and I hope everyone at the Poker Run will support the Flyway Foundation efforts by buying tickets and memberships.

Toofers
    I'd love to send a check to you for some chances on that decoy, you got an address for me? [img]graemlins/duckwheat.gif[/img]
    Just trying to keep it rural

email out to ya', JJ.

I would be glad to accept FF sponsor and membership checks at the Poker Run to save you guys on stamps if you're interested....

hell, you will have the checkbook out already....

Originally posted by 2thDoc:
    , I will give you a hat. just ask Simple Man how that is working out for him....

I've been thinkin of ways to collect interest on a $15 lid...
    [img]graemlins/bambulance.gif[/img]
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Doc
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I was out of town. I didn't recieve your email If I am not too late can you resend. My addy is jj_mc_guire@yahoo.com
    Thanks

C'mon, Teefers, hook a brutha up! Get this fella some raffle tickets ASAP!

And for the rest of you, please consider buying a few tickets to help fund the next round of Flyway Foundation hen house construction.

Here's another shot of the decoy showing the "presentation" keel equipped with a shotgun shell base for the line hole...

Thanks Doc
    Check is on the way. I appreciate your help.

you would think that a decoy with that great of detail, would have a nostril.
    check it out.
    no nostrils!
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

it does. check out top pic...asshole

[img]graemlins/sonar_125.gif[/img] target eliminated.

well it doesn't on the bottom
    dental dipshit.
    you've been squinting under a light too long!!! [img]graemlins/fu2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fu2.gif[/img]
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

giving you hell, bogholio.

"dont look a gift decoy in the mouth."

Give 'em hell, Teefers!

Good eyes, Boggy - the 2nd pic was taken before I finished painting the bird. The nostrils and nail are always the last things I paint. Actually, the decoy is just resting on the "presentation" keel in that particular pic. Shortly after taking the picture, I installed a weighted keel, finished painting the bird, and packed it up for the IWCA national gunning decoy championship. As can be seen in the 1st pic, the decoy finished 2nd in species at the championships. The weighted keel was eventually removed and replaced with the presentation keel.

Now how about showing the FF some love and buy a few tickets!

nanny nanny boo boo.

everybody knows you save the nostrils for last.

[img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]

Man that is going to look sweet in my spread on the Skuykill
    [img]graemlins/fu2.gif[/img]