Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuna charters?

Quote Originally Posted by bohica View Post
    They are wearing the yellowfin out in Hatteras/ Oregon Inlet right now. Some bigeye too.
    My neighbor caught this Cobia in Hatteras on Saturday - 92 lbs. He's 6'3, btw...

None of this means shit till 2th weighs in. I'll wait for his advice when it comes to off shore mouse trappin' slinger donkeys in the salt.

Damn what a Cobia!!!!!!!!!!! That is a good un!!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

If I caught a 92lb cobia, I'd drag that sumbitch back to the ramp by his tail.

I've seen what 30lb cobia can do to a boat when "green". I'd rather ride in the boat with a live gator than a 92lb cobia that was still breathing.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Thanks guys, this will be a trip for myself and dad/grandad.I'm fortunate enough to have the opportunity to take them both as they are still in good shape (going to make hay while the sun s shining). I was thinking sometime in the fall
    "Lord prop me up in all my leanin places"

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    I just like saying Dik Dik

I will 2nd the BI OP SEA or any charter boat at Pirates Cove or Organ inlet. They have a strong tuna bite in the fall also. Friends fished around thanksgiving two years ago and caught limit of yft and a blue.

Oregon Inlet --- Fin Gaddy with Qualifier Charters. Fin is the owner and captain of his boat. Great captain and crew. I think Oregon inlet would be your best bet for YFT. Hard as hell to get there but worth the drive.

Oregon Inlet charter: 1750$
    Tip for mates: 300$
    Gas for truck: 150$
    Hotel: 80$
    Misc/food: 150$
    2400$ gets you one day fishing......1 day.

Yep, seems like a bargain to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Oregon Inlet fishing center. I mated summers when at ECU. Any charter boat in there is capable of putting you on tuna on any given day. I mated on the famous Sea Witch and for Capt Mike Romeo a "Big Rock" winnner way back in the day.

My boat payment =$365 month Ins.=$75 month Sea tow=$160 year gear=$5000+ gas per trip $400 gas for truck$175 bait per trip$100 ice per trip=$50 how many FYT I've caught off off SC coast=1. And I know I'm forgetting a lot.......... Go to Oergon inlet it's worth it.

I've fished out of Morrehead twice with 2nd to none charters. Nice boat. 60 Buddy Davis (Fighting Lady)and fishing was ok. Bi Op Sea is way better and just a Lil farther drive. They used to be docked at pirates cove but they moved this year to Oregon inlet fishing center. Only about 35 mile run to the tuna grounds and she will scream for a 59 Spencer. Cap and mate are first class and will let you help as much as you like or sit back and watch and just real them in. To fish on a boat that nice out of chuck town will run you $2200+ to catch some phins and if your lucky a few wahoo and black fins. Just my 2 cents. I fish my boat out of charleston as much as possible but try to get up there once a year for some YFT action.

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post
    My boat payment =$365 month Ins.=$75 month Sea tow=$160 year gear=$5000+ gas per trip $400 gas for truck$175 bait per trip$100 ice per trip=$50 how many FYT I've caught off off SC coast=1. And I know I'm forgetting a lot.......... Go to Oergon inlet it's worth it.
    Haha, that's exactly what I was thinking.

cough, eastern shore VA, cough, cough.

Same or less time it takes to drive to Hatteras, fishing is as good. Same quick ride out. Depending on where you leave out of Ocean City, Wachapreague, VA Beach etc it can be like Hatteras was 20 years ago as far as crowds go. Some of the most fun I've had was chunking for the tuna in the morning near some of the humps, then trolling the canyon, then hitting a wreck on the way in.

I was introduced to chunking for the tuna and having to stand up to fight them up there and now sitting in a chair to fish is just plain boring to me.