Thread: duck leases

Default duck leases

Can someone send me some info on where to start looking for a lease. Looking for something in mississippi or louisiana.

Try HERE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Your better off finding someone who will lease you a pit by the day, or hunting public ground. I had a lease last year and it ran $6500. That's about the average price for a pit including water. Add in the cost of lodging and your better off spending that money going on a few jam up hunts with an outfitter like habitat flats a year. And still have money left over...just my 2 cents. If you still want to do it get on some message boards and ask around. Usually some farmers will have blinds available throughout the year you can pick up.

Red you are a trip.
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Sometimes I can't help myself.
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    Can someone send me some info on where to start looking for a lease. Looking for something in mississippi or louisiana.

I've always wanted to go out that way for a hunt, also maybe in arkansas for snow geese. I got money to go, just I don't know what to do like to set up can crap. good luck finding a lease!
    The harder you hunt, The sweeter the reward.

EVERY single secret is dark and twisted in its own ways-
    Me.

To be the best that you can be in you life you must be willing to drop everything you love.

I am actually living in venice la now just trying to find something simple may not always have time to scout. Will probably just end up doing public water if i am still down here in the fall.

So let me make sure I have this right. You are LIVING in Venice LOUISIANA. And you are asking about a duck hunting lease in LOUISIANA on a SOUTH CAROLINA based duck hunting WEBSITE?
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Just moved down here and know a few of yall have done it trying to get as much input as i can.

I'd be focused on fishing right now............

NETWORK.. use that wit you have displayed here and find you a place to hunt.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

My BIL has a nice lease with a couple of his friends in MS. He makes the 6 hour drive from our town here in South Alabama every weekend of deer season and duck season. He has asked me to join but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of coin.

At the same time, I get to hear his wife bitch to mine about him being gone every single weekend too. I still like getting pussy. I am sure it is hard on their relationship and I know that they have other things they need to be spending their money on too. But thats another issue.

Now again, he kills at least one 130"+ deer every year and sends me pictures of greenheads and pintails while I fool around trying to kill ducks in the delta. It's almost more than a man can bare, especially late in the season.

I went to Arkansas last year on a invite with some banker friends. The owner of their bank is Paul Bryant and he has an absolutely badass place down there. It was one of those paid for gentleman's hunts. The best part of that hunt really was getting to meet and spend time with two of the local "guides" and build relationships. They really appreciate getting to hunt with people that get it and have a passion for it, they hunt every single day of the season and most of the time "the hunters" are hardly that... On their days off from guiding they simply go across the river to the public land were they have been hunting their whole lives. In conversation I figure out that they love to turkey hunt but they don't have good turkey hunting there. SO I had an ideer!

We got their numbers and made plans to bring them down to turkey hunt with us. We called them again at the beginning of March and they finalized their plans to come down. They stayed with us and we entertained them. They both got birds and had a blast. Now we have relationships with them and plans to go hunt back to Arkansas with them to their public holes on their days off from guiding at Mr. Bryant's.

Like Nitro said, network and try the swap-a-hunt thing. I think it is going to work out well for us.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 05-13-2012 at 06:36 PM.

IF I lived in Venice, my freezers would be so full of YFT, Wahoo and Dolphin, I wouldn't have room for a nasty ol duck....

I will be back down there again this year chasin de big yeller fish... Awesome place to journey to..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Nitro who are you fishing with? I have been talking with some locals about hunting but you know how it is, most ppl that are worth hunting with are hard to get in with. But from what i have heard and seen it should be alot easier to hunt here than back home.
    Last edited by 12341234; 05-13-2012 at 09:18 PM.

If you live in Venice, and can't fill up a freezer with reds, trout, and ducks from public waters, something is bad wrong.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    My BIL has a nice lease with a couple of his friends in MS. He makes the 6 hour drive from our town here in South Alabama every weekend of deer season and duck season. He has asked me to join but I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of coin.

At the same time, I get to hear his wife bitch to mine about him being gone every single weekend too. I still like getting pussy. I am sure it is hard on their relationship and I know that they have other things they need to be spending their money on too. But thats another issue.

Now again, he kills at least one 130"+ deer every year and sends me pictures of greenheads and pintails while I fool around trying to kill ducks in the delta. It's almost more than a man can bare, especially late in the season.

I went to Arkansas last year on a invite with some banker friends. The owner of their bank is Paul Bryant and he has an absolutely badass place down there. It was one of those paid for gentleman's hunts. The best part of that hunt really was getting to meet and spend time with two of the local "guides" and build relationships. They really appreciate getting to hunt with people that get it and have a passion for it, they hunt every single day of the season and most of the time "the hunters" are hardly that... On their days off from guiding they simply go across the river to the public land were they have been hunting their whole lives. In conversation I figure out that they love to turkey hunt but they don't have good turkey hunting there. SO I had an ideer!

We got their numbers and made plans to bring them down to turkey hunt with us. We called them again at the beginning of March and they finalized their plans to come down. They stayed with us and we entertained them. They both got birds and had a blast. Now we have relationships with them and plans to go hunt back to Arkansas with them to their public holes on their days off from guiding at Mr. Bryant's.

Like Nitro said, network and try the swap-a-hunt thing. I think it is going to work out well for us.
    Walt's right, you have to network. I got hooked up with a farmer in AR along with marrying a girl that was a razorback and luckily her friends married duck hunters.
    Farmer i hunt with pretty much just turns me loose on all his farms, for $100 a day, thats it. He has about 5 groups come a year and we killed more birds than 3 of those groups put together. He had the location you just had to work your ass off. As he told us "i never seen anyone so pissed off at a duck". In 3 months I got enough connections to go hunt a private club just for a weekend and had a blast.
    Find you a farmer in a good location and see what you can do. They will look out for you.
    I usually show up with a case of beer or a handle of good whiskey for them when they give me the go ahead to hunt.
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.