Thread: Last couple of trips

Default Last couple of trips

The last two days were fun on the water with some beautiful weather, great people, and good fishing.

Had a gentlemen yesterday who was a hardcore fly fisherman. He stuck 3 reds on the fly sight fishing on a low tide in a foot of water on a shrimp pattern. The reds backs and tails were out of the water as the sun was rising, it was a beautiful sight. Had a couple hundred fish around us for over 3 hours. I suggested picking up the spinning gear but he was committed to the fly, i gotta give him credit. Although, it would have been epic with the spinning gear. We then went to another spot and he caught 6 trout on the fly throwing a clouser minnow in electric chicken colors. All fish were caught on the rising tide.

Took a couple and their daughter today for her 19th birthday. They were a fun group to be around. We laughed and joked the whole time. Caught trout, flounder, ladyfish, bluefish, and a bonnethead shark on a trout rod.

P.S. No fish were harmed in the making of this report.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

You take a 19yr old girl fishing for her birthday and don't require bikinis in the dress code?

WTF man?... you're slippin'...
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

LOL, I don't know if her father who was with us would have approved. bwahahahhaah

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

19 sheeeeesh Im going to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    LOL, I don't know if her father who was with us would have approved. bwahahahhaah
    You are the captain of your vessel, sir. Throw him overboard if he does not approve.

Good catchin', though. I need to get back down there.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I like that guys fish gripper. I'd like to have something a bit smaller than a Bogagrip for wading.

Flyfisherman sure likes glasses.

Nice pictures, looks like you are on them.
    Last edited by Murray; 05-11-2012 at 01:47 PM.

You let anyone else up on the poling platform since me?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I like that guys fish gripper. I'd like to have something a bit smaller than a Bogagrip for wading.
    Looks like it says orvis on it, so it probably costs as much as a boga

Dang I can't wait to get down there!

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    Looks like it says orvis on it, so it probably costs as much as a boga
    If it's as well made as a boga, it's worth the price.

I found them online and on sale for $74 but they are listed as "not available".

Quote from Murray:
    "Flyfisherman sure likes glasses."

I wear two pairs of glasses and it sucks. One pair is so I can see close up and the others are sunglasses. I have a pair of "clic" reading glasses that have a neck loop and attach with magnet on the bridge of the nose that are great. The neck loop is short enough that they don't hang in your way and the magnetic fastener let's them hang open and not snag everything when I bend over to pick up something.
    http://www.readinstyle.com/product/C...ngGlasses.aspx

Looks like a couple of great days on the water. When you gonna carry me? I'll even wash the boat.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Nice Work Capt!

Fishin' poets

it was an Orvis gripper. The smallest i have ever seen, it was pretty cool. I am sure I would not pay what it cost though. Yeah, I meant to ask him about all the glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post
    You let anyone else up on the poling platform since me?
    No sir. That was definitely a sight to see. I will never forget that. It is a little harder than it looks isn't it?

Does she FaceBook?

Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    No sir. That was definitely a sight to see. I will never forget that. It is a little harder than it looks isn't it?
    Someone told me a long time ago to not get a boat with a poling platform unless I liked poling my friends around while they fished. Damn if that isn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Someone told me a long time ago to not get a boat with a poling platform unless I liked poling my friends around while they fished. Damn if that isn't true.
    FACT. Although I don't feel right if I am not up there. LOL

As I am sure you know it does give quite an advantage when it comes to casting though. I am good for watching a buddy catch 5 or 6 but after that I don't mind throwing right over their head. bwahahahahah

You get me in couple of hundred reds in a few weeks and I will be more than happy to pick up a spinning reel. Just holler "Duck" when you start to cast over my head.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt