Thread: Saw the Leon lott crossfit news story

Default Saw the Leon lott crossfit news story

And this is my question: is there a basic crossfit regime for a home workout? If so how do you find it and would you have to drop a grand on equipment. Getting to the gym is almost impossible with two kids and all I forgoing on around the house

I do it at home. Slowly but surely dedicating the bonus room over my garage to my gym.

Get your equipment off craigs list. Let someone elses failed new years resolution be your ticket to good equipment on the cheap. If you are on a tight budget, a pullup bar, olympic bar with weights, and a kettle bell will take you far.

I get my workouts straight off the main CF website or will do something I see posted here or will make up my own. I live exactly one mile from the water so I like to throw swimming into my WODs as well - run to the beach, do a WOD, run home for example. I normally have some sort of running in every WOD as well. Running ain't got shit on swimming though, swimming is sho nuff hard but such a great workout. I took a wave in the face last week as I was getting air and thought I was gunna drown... Luckly I was only in four foot of water.

Lookup the Crossfit 'heros and girls', scale them if you need to, mix and match workouts. Should keep you busy. Like I said though, just go off the main site, whatever they post, do it, don't give yourself the option of backing out and don't look it up until right before you workout. Don't you just love surprises?
    Last edited by walt4dun; 05-04-2012 at 10:42 AM.

Grand my ass, be creative. I drilled a hole in an old bassetball and filled it with sand to make a medicine ball, etc....

Good idea on the med ball!

Also, you can find just about anything to use as your 'box' for box jumps. I use an old pier wreckage at the beach... Also it is super easy and cheap to make a box for the home gym out of 2x4s and plywood.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 05-04-2012 at 10:51 AM.

I just as soon sandpaper a lions ass than to mess with Leon. I think he must be kin to chuck norris or something.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

You'll need to add some water to it to get to 20#

5 gallon bucket with 2 shovel fulls of crushed granite will get you about 25 pounds.
    4 shovel fulls will get you around 50 and fill the bucket up.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    5 gallon bucket with 2 shovel fulls of crushed granite will get you about 25 pounds.
    4 shovel fulls will get you around 50 and fill the bucket up.
    WTF does a bucket got to do with a medicine ball conversation?

You're losin' it friend.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Thank you turbo for allowing me to stop scratching my head wondering wtf he was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Thank you turbo for allowing me to stop scratching my head wondering wtf he was talking about
    Last edited by turbo; 05-04-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Good idea on the med ball!

Also, you can find just about anything to use as your 'box' for box jumps. I use an old pier wreckage at the beach... Also it is super easy and cheap to make a box for the home gym out of 2x4s and plywood.
    Don't even need that - door steps work great.

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?p=426488

first post in this thread has a great list of CF workouts and equipment needed for each workout. Has a whole section dedicated to bodyweight exercises that require no equipment.
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    t. Getting to the gym is almost impossible with two kids and all I forgoing on around the house

I used to think that way, too.

When it becomes a real priority you may surprise yourself with the ability to carve out gym time.

I put other hobbies on the back burner indefinitely while I work on me. Don't miss any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    I put other hobbies on the back burner indefinitely while I work on me. Don't miss any of them.
    ^ This

It amazes how many people say they don't have time then proceed to tell me about 3 or 4 TV shows they watched last night.
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    Getting to the gym is almost impossible with two kids and all I forgoing on around the house

The trick is to get up early and do it. Glenn is right - it only takes 3 weeks for something to become a habit.

I used to try to run or go to the gym in the afternoon after work, but by 1700, who the hell wants to do that? For the last month, I've been up at 0500 every day, either to run or to hit the 0600 group at the gym. The key is to not stay up until 2300 watching TV or screwing around on the SCDucks. I'm in the bed by 2100, either with a book or with the old lady, and out cold by 2105.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Nobody ever became a hero in a comfortable setting. Sometimes you got to nut it up and do work.

Exercise before your mind is awake enough to know what you are doing....wait all day and you'll come up with a million reasons not to.

I go as soon as I get home from work, no exceptions.

Get some motivational music pumping at inspirational levels on the ride home after a successful day. I use the day's stress to make me stronger. Then tear into a WOD while I am still amped.