Thread: Redfish from Florida on video

Default Redfish from Florida on video

Fished Guana on Sunday with my 9 year old. It was our first time putting in at the dam. SML was looking pretty low and muddy since they've lowered the lake even more in the past two weeks.

We started out strong with a 14" trout caught trolling and followed that up with a 22" trout on a DOA shrimp within the first 15 minutes. Then it was on to find some redfish which is always the preferred quarry of the young gun. He thinks the fight is just too good with the reds to "waste" time dealing with trout!!

Found a big school off a shallow sand point that were harrassing mullet and capitalized on them. We never moved all morning long. We ended up parking the Pro Angler and just standing in knee deep water casting to the fish. The action was fast and furious though the fish weren't huge. We had a blast and left around 12:30 with the fish still biting.

This was my first attempt at shooting video and doing the editing. There is definitely room for improvement!! It was quite a learning experience.

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

RK nice work brother!
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Awesome!

"Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

We ended up with 18 reds and the two trout. I kept the bigger trout and two of the 20" reds to put on the grill tomorrow for dinner!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    We ended up with 18 reds and the two trout. I kept the bigger trout and two of the 20" reds to put on the grill tomorrow for dinner!
    What time do I need to be over for dinner?

It'll be around 6pm. Should be enough to go around since the wife is just juicing these days.

Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Nice work and good video.