Thread: edisto area help

Default edisto area help

Headed down for the weekend 3/10-3/13 for dads birthday present from mom.

Anyone wanna help us out or even act as a guide for a morning. Looking to get dad on a red. Probably gonna bring the boat but don't have a clue where to start.
    Will travel. Will buy beer, food and gas.

A pm with any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck I know bogs familiar w that area..

I've always found the North is better than the South for channel bass. Catching inshore fish down there really isn't that hard. Edge of grass, shell banks with a Carolina rigged mudminnow is all you really need, if you want it make it easier with live bait pick up one of those cute popping corks. I'm normally down there to fish for trout.

Just fish around baileys island with dead softshell, u will catch plenty!!

I think you have your dates wrong...

anyone that fishes with a softshell should be shot.

them bastards eat too good!

good luck next march.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

put in at the Dawhoo river head to the North Edisto and fish the steep bleached oyster banks that are plentiful in that area. Head south along the ICW near the sound and you will find that same kind of areas that hold fish as well.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Shit. Yea I messed up. I meant 5/10- 5/13. Thanks for the help fellas.

not being a smart ass but I would consider a guide if you can swing it. It can be hard to get into good fishing in a short amount of time. Getting a guide will make the trip a lot more relaxing for you and the pops. Just a thought
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Hit me with a pm and I can try and help you out......

A gold Johnson spoon in any of the tidal ponds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

How are you from Green Pond, and have no clue how to fish Edisto? I'd suggest fishing low tide. Mud minnows are a damn fine bait, but if I'm targeting spottails, I usually like artificials until the finger mullet get thick in the creeks. Super Flukes and weightless DOA shrimp are spottail crack. As far as where to fish, I usually fish up the rivers rather than the immediate creeks around the island. For some reason, I catch smaller bass close to the island, and bigger fish closer to the salt/fresh line. Most docks will hold monster sheeps at the right time of day. If you see a dock that's been recently scraped by someone, move to the very next dock and you should be able to pull a few. They don't really go far. I reserve the right to keep any and all trout techniques to myself.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I'm going down tomorrow morning. Gonna fish the afternoon and saturday morning. I will also be there the weekend of your trip. Menhadden should be in the creeks when you are there. Trout and redfish will crush them. Friend of mine caught 7 over the slot today.