Thread: 3pt hitch rotary tillers

Default 3pt hitch rotary tillers

Thinking about purchasing a 60" rotary tiller for my tractor. Will use for garden (small), dove field and food plots. Currently use disc harrows or spring plow, someone told me you have to plow really slow. Anybody use one? What brand? Recommend or not?

I use a 6 ft from tractor supply and love it. I use it for what you want to do with one. You do have to run it slow and if you have rocky soil it will beat it to death.

I run a Howard. It does a great job.
    cut\'em

I had a Kuhn and it was VERY nice. Had it behind a Kubota B2920 and it worked like a champ.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Ran one all last week in duck impoundments at about 12-13mph but I was running over dirt that had already been disced and was incorporating fertilizer and trying to get a good seed bed....btw it was a kuhn 60" I believe
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I use one.

I run a bottom plow and turn everything over good but it will be rough, then go back with the tiller and smooths and fluffs the ground up real pretty
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.