Thread: Satellite

Default Satellite

Quick question. Have any of you set up with a satellite provider service for a limited time of year? I'm looking at maybe a 4 month basis, but I could make it six months. I do not live up there during the winter months. I'm not cheap. I just think it would be pointless.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 04-18-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Buy an extra satelitte off craigslist. Set it up and leave it there. Take a box from the house and hook into it. Just like people do at tailgates.
    Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 04-18-2012 at 12:18 PM.

I would, but I have cable in town. I use to have a guy in my old guard unit that carried one with us on every local trip. Five channels has suited me for my entire life up there, but with it going digital I'm not able to connect well.

I had DirecTV for years just for tailgating. I only used it 4 months a year and suspended the service for the other 8. Now that I have it at the house it's not an issue, but I'm nearly certain they will let you suspend service for up to 8 months out of the year. Just don't tell them you're planning on doing it when you call to set it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I would, but I have cable in town. I use to have a guy in my old guard unit that carried one with us on every local trip. Five channels has suited me for my entire life up there, but with it going digital I'm not able to connect well.

could you get an amplifier for your digital signal instead of the money on the satellite ?

http://www.antennasdirect.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

parents used to have Direct up at Clark"s Hill, and they had an extra dish and just carried box. Recently they got U-verse. I believe that they just scale down the tier when they are leaving. They have to pay a little to switch it up or down I forget, but it is still cheaper than leaving it on all the time.