Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tires and Leveling Kit

I just put a set of nitto terra grapplers on my truck last November. They do well for everyday driving, and offroad when mud isn't involved. They're not as good in mud as my MT atz tires were. The nittos tend to cake up with mud more so than the atz. On the road the nittos ride a lot smoother, and are a little quieter.

Hell Bent Steel leveling kit is what i put on my ford. Not sure if they make one for a Chevy but check them out, easy to put on and everything, and not that costly. Love mine!!!

And i put a set of Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's on mine, havent had any probelms with them yet.

Last edited by ktownduckhunter; 04-18-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So, do you buy your women too, or just your ducks?

I have the toyo opencountry MT's, I have about 4k miles on them now and seem to be wearing good. By far the smoothest ride with mudd tires I have owned, and I commute about 350 miles per week.

Last edited by dhall1693; 04-18-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Falken WildPeak

Have them on my Tundra with 25K miles so far --- great wear

General Grabber AT2's. Ride good and are as aggressive as the overpriced BFG all terrains. And I run mine like they're MT's. Also Falken offers the same tread patterns as Toyo for a fraction of the price.

I have a set of General Grabbers AT2 on my truck, good tires. Mud tends to cake up on 'em but gets it done.

Toyo Open Country A/T 50k Mile Tire, Cooper Discoverer AT3 new tread design and is a 55k mile tire. Yokohama A/T-S is a good one also. Stay away from the BFG's, we have more issues with them at the shop and don't even price them for customers anymore.
    "Fun hipster shit is just poor Latino shit from 10 years ago"

Toyo ATs

or

General Grabber AT2s

I've had Grabbers and loved them. Same tread as a BFG but a lot cheaper
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Rough Country 4.5 inch suspension lift and Toyo Open Country M/Ts
    Last edited by CutemJack; 04-18-2012 at 08:28 PM.

wrangler duratrac here with good wear on a f150 so far. Read good things about the new cooper sst maxx.

As far as leveling, you have a bit of mileage on your shocks. Look at bilstein 5100s probably on the 2nd or 3rd setting to level the front. That way you get new shocks and level it in one package. don't forget to replace the rears also. It will ride better than stock.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

General grabbers at2 goy about 40k on them now and still got plenty of tread left.

Going to do the 2.5" leveling kit w either toyo or bfg I believe.. Just wondering, for those well versed in this area, does 295 or even 305 rub on the front bumper? Buddy has a 2500 silverado and he said his 295 would rub the front bumper so he put a ranch hand on there. Just seeing if anyone has any info on this. Thanks again for all the suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Cut 'Em View Post
    Going to do the 2.5" leveling kit w either toyo or bfg I believe.. Just wondering, for those well versed in this area, does 295 or even 305 rub on the front bumper? Buddy has a 2500 silverado and he said his 295 would rub the front bumper so he put a ranch hand on there. Just seeing if anyone has any info on this. Thanks again for all the suggestions
    These are going back on OEM wheels correct? If so,the 305 will rub more than likely. 295 should be ok. If you're ok with doing some trimming you could stuff them. You might need to run a 1/4 inch wheel spacer on the front so the tires don't hit the control arms, just depends on how aggressive of a tire you decide to go with. 2500's sit higher from the factory anyways, so it's hard to compare the 2.

Keep in mind too that the bigger tire you go with, you're going to lose mpg and power. Not sure if your truck is the VortecMax with the 6.0, 14 bolt sf and 4.10's, but I'm guessing you just have a 5.3 with 3.42's or 3.73's. Your mileage is going to drop a couple mpg at least going to a 305 and your truck will feel sluggish.

Might look good, but IMO, I'd rather run 295's and not have to worry about trimming, wheel spacers or complete garbage power and MPG.