Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tires and Leveling Kit

Default New Tires and Leveling Kit

Have to get new tires on my truck as had one blow out yesterday and cord is showing on the other three.... Damn if I havent tried to get every last mile out of em. I have a 2010 Chevy 1500 Silverado and want a somewhat aggressive tread tire, but not a full on mud tire. Have had the BF Goodrich MT's on my old truck, but seeing as I drive around 25,000 miles a year, I dont want full on MT's. Would like a tire that can function in off-road situations when needed, but not going to wear down that much. Any thoughts? Have heard Nitto and Toyo..

Also, looking to get a small leveling kit to make the truck look better as well. Any thoughts on those would be great as well. Dont want the truck to be jacked up like a 17 yr old high schooler, but want it to look a little better than it does.

Thanks ahead of time.

Top Gun Customs 2.5" leveling kit and Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Edit- Not sure if you're 2 or 4wd.

If 4:

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/p...php?S_ID=16111

If 2:

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/p...s.php?S_ID=285
    Last edited by B.Miller; 04-17-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Formerly Cut 'Em View Post
    Also, looking to get a small leveling kit to make the truck look better as well. Any thoughts on those would be great as well. Dont want the truck to be jacked up like a 17 yr old high schooler, but want it to look a little better than it does.

Haha... that what I think every time I see one.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post
    Top Gun Customs 2.5" leveling kit and Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Edit- Not sure if you're 2 or 4wd.

If 4:

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/p...php?S_ID=16111

If 2:

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/p...s.php?S_ID=285
    pro tip right there
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

40k+ miles on my TerraGrapplers on a F150 and still got some left! Great tire!

BFG AT's

For a long lasting but not real agressive or mud tire Michelin AT2's. Quiet, great ride and lasted a whole lot longer on my F350 than anything else I ever have had on it. They won't be worth a shit mud bogging though.

Don't know about leveling kits, I put tires that fit my truck on it since I'm not a 17yo anymore.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    BFG AT's

For a long lasting but not real agressive or mud tire Michelin AT2's. Quiet, great ride and lasted a whole lot longer on my F350 than anything else I ever have had on it. They won't be worth a shit mud bogging though.

Don't know about leveling kits, I put tires that fit my truck on it since I'm not a 17yo anymore.
    You seen pricing for BFG AT's lately? Have to give up your first born and left nut for a set.

Got a set on my Land Cruiser but Sparks Toyota paid for them. They weren't cheap but the salesman made the deal, of course he bitched about it until I drove off the lot 2 years ago.

They do last a long time though. I'd rather pay more upfront for something that's going to last a long time than something that wears out quickly. My F350 wore cheap tires out quick.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Got a set on my Land Cruiser but Sparks Toyota paid for them. They weren't cheap but the salesman made the deal, of course he bitched about it until I drove off the lot 2 years ago.

They do last a long time though. I'd rather pay more upfront for something that's going to last a long time than something that wears out quickly. My F350 wore cheap tires out quick.
    They are a good wearing tire. Tires wear totally different on 1/2 ton trucks than on 3/4 and 1 ton though.

Had terra grapplers on my f150 quad cab. Got 78k miles out of them. Running trail grapplers now. Look great, and ran great in the sloppy mud of Arkansas this duck season. I put 20k on them so far and have ton of tread left. Terra grapplers had no real road noise. Trail grapplers have a very small hum when running over 55 mph. But it is no where near the hum of a mud tire. some guys on here can hook you up if you ask around

BFG AT/KO money well spent!!

I went with the Rough Country leveling kit. Raised the front about 1.5" and took about 3 hours to install. Took 2.5 hours on the first side, took 30 minutes on the second side. If you have any questions, let me know. I've got some tips now.

As far as the tire, I went with the BFG Rugged Terrain. Enough tread to get you where you need to go, but still a quiet, smooth ride. I've got about 10,000 miles on them and couldn't be happier. At about 2/3 the price of the BFG AT/KO's I priced, I think I will be happy for a good while.

$65

$200

Before

After
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Destination A/T. But I do order a lot of the Terra Grapplers for customers too. Both get great mileage. Rotate every oil change.

I just went with the nitto trail grapplers. looks like mud tire, drives like all terrain tire.

Cooper Discoverer ATR is a very good all around tire. Been using them for years with good service,wear, etc.

i have an almost unlimited tire budget- and i run NITTO'S.

by far most miles and best performance for the dollar, and i've ran them all.

I got 60k on michelins.

With Michelin and BFG you're gonna pay for quality. Nitto, toyo etc... you're gonna pay for looks IMO.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." -Robert E. Lee

I like either the Yokahama Geolander A/T's or the BFG A/T's. I currently have the Geolanders and have about 40K on them with plenty of good tread left. I got 60K out of my BFG's.

BFG A/T's are good tires, I drive an F150 Fx4 Crew....got over 40K on them still plenty of tread to go. Good tires if you can stand the price $$$$$$$$
    Last edited by Lmnick6; 04-18-2012 at 07:14 AM.