Thread: $5,000 for late shooting

2005-045 DESTREHAN MAN CITED FOR SHOOTING WOODDUCKS AFTER HOURS
    2/9/2005

On January 22, a Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Enforcement Division agent cited Frank Abbate Jr., 48, of Destrehan for allegedly hunting migratory game birds during illegal hours.
    LDWF Senior Agent Aron Hastings discovered a truck parked off the Parish Line Road, approximately one mile into the woods in St. James Parish near a secluded pond. Shots were heard and Abbate was seen shooting at wood ducks flying into the pond. Abbate allegedly shot and killed two wood ducks after official sunset. He was apprehended leaving the woods and was found to be in possession of the two freshly killed wood ducks.

Hunting migratory game birds during illegal hours is a federal offense under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. The penalty for a violation of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act is fine of up to $5,000, jail for up to six months, and the potential loss of hunting privileges.

For more information, contact Lt. Col. Keith LaCaze at 225/765-2469 klacaze@wlf.louisiana.gov

Agency: Natural Resources

February 7, 2005
    State conservation officials today announced a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the late-January killing of 14 wild turkeys in Alcona County.

The turkeys were found by coyote hunters along a rural county road. DNR law enforcement officials estimate the incident occurred some time over the last weekend in January. Investigators said the birds included several toms, as well as a few hens and juvenile males.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact the DNR Report All Poaching hotline at 800-292-7800. Strict confidentiality will be maintained with any information received.

Wild turkeys are a game species in Michigan; however, the season currently is closed. Legal hunting in limited quota hunt units begins April 18, with a bag limit for the spring season of one bearded turkey per licensed hunter.

WTF is wrong with people? I just don't understand.
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

No respect and they just don't F*****G care!!!!!!!

Not that it matters but I wonder just how late the guy shot the woodducks?
    80-20 Genaration

tradorion Coots

I will KISS YOUR ASS if the guy who shot the woodies late pays $500 much less $5K

Trad ,
    I was thinking the same thing.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Why?
    Carla Dee

Originally posted by Carla Dee:
    Why?
    CD, It looks like they have turned it over to the feds with that high of maximum fine. If they have he will fill out financial statements so the court will know what his "ability to pay is". In other words, a $500 fine to one may be the same to as a $3,000 fine to another....depending on how big a fish they caught the fine could be either.

Even though he is a poacher, he quit after killing two. I'm just guessing he could have killed more and didn't. I think that alone takes him out of the "super poacher" class.

As Trad has alluded to,the fine will probably be small.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Either the guy with the woodies had at least a little bit of ethical sense or he was shooting a piss poor roost!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

If they catch the shooter(s) in that second case with the 14 turkeys he/they will not only get the book thrown at them, the law will throw the whole damn library at'em! And rightly so!

What kind of person shoots 14 turkeys and just dumps them??
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

tradorion Coots

I don't know about the "financial sheet" Catdaddy mentioned... in my experience, when we write guys on pink slips for roost shooting even when we have 20+ minutes, 20 ducks between 2 guys and some other charges (plugs, lead, stamps) they usually just get a little note in the mail- "Here is what your fine is assessed at- pay it or come to court and face the 'real charges' where your fines can really go up."

Sort of like a form of plea baragain- admit to this and you get a small fine, fight it and we (the feds) will break it off in your ass!

T

Many,many years ago when I was an outlaw I was caught and the fine was $175. Seems like I had to mail it to San Antonio Texas (I await 2th's reply)
    Well, I\'m not a gynecologist but I\'ll take a look.