Thread: # 3

Default # 3

Nothing thrilling. Saw 4 longbeards in a field @1030. Got the go ahead to kill one. The one was a monster that would have surely been the longest bearded turk I've ever killed. Put on a sneak. Had big boy lined up at 40 yds and at the boom all hell broke loose. I let 2 walk past just to get a shot at the big one and this 2 year old saved his buddies life. For now.

Last edited by joshua2; 04-09-2012 at 08:16 PM.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Good work....
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

I don't understand what went down but good job.

Btw, your method of displaying is very original. I like it.

Yeah, I'm a little unsure of what happened also. I was staring down the barrel at the bigger of the 4 turkeys. I guessed the shot at around 40 yds. These birds were walking down a fence row and the shot oppurtunitys were few. I didn't see this bird when I fired. All turkeys flew straight up at the crack of the shot. It looked like a complete miss but after the sound of turkeys flying every direction this one lone bird about lands on me. As he is coming down I can clearly see he is not the bird I shot at but when his landing gear fells to open I see that this is the one I will get. He lands with a thud that could be heard on the next property. I run to get my hands on him and see he has enough juice to outrun this fatboy, so I use another shell to finish him off. I looked in the open pines where the big bird flew but I never saw any sign of him landing so I don't really have a clue what happened. I did come home with a bird (probably the smallest of the 4) So I guess that will have to be good enough.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Btw, your method of displaying is very original. I like it.

He is choking his thunder chicken.

Good work. Ninja'ing a turkey is Ninja...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Good killin!