Thread: Aruba

Default Aruba

Anyone done any fishing there? Looking to fish a day or two while we're there the first week of June.

Suggestions on charters and the like are welcome.

Thanks
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Went there on my honeymoon. Caught some wahoo. The best fishing is on the north end of the island, so you need to book a full day in order to fish there. I hope you and your party don't get sick easily because the water on that end of the island is ROUGH. We went with a guide named Cedric (can't remember the name of the boat). He was cool, the guy that picked us up from the hotel was kinda of sketchy. Request that they prepare your catch at the OLD FISHERMAN restaurant. The wahoo we caught and ate there was the best I have ever had in my life. Enjoy.

If you scuba, take a plane hop over to Bonnaire and take a dive charter. It's like diving in an overstocked aquarium. Many of the dive spots can be accessed from the beach. I did a little self guided bonefishing there too.

Personally, I am boycotting the Netherlands Antilles because of the way they handled and covered up the murder of an American high school aged tourist.

Go fish with Capt. Butch Cox on the Prime Time.
    In recent years he has really put Aruba on the map as a billfish destination.
    Fishprimetime.com

Certain times of the year it is own. It has been bout 30/yrs since we went and I can't even remember what time of year is was. The Venezalan curve is right there and I know its spelled wrong.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Bump, any more leads?

From the website, the Prime Time is elsewhere during the summer.
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Steer clear of the spiny lobster and crabs, I've heard they taste a bit gamey, probably from their Natalie diet.