Thread: Dying Easter Eggs With Silk

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Dying Easter Eggs With Silk

I didn't know where else to put this so here it is. If you are going to dye Easter Eggs with your kids this is a cool way to do it. You can use any silk material like old scarves or men's dress ties. The pattern on the silk with transplant to the egg. Not near as messy as the dye that gets all over everything. You can get old silk ties and scarves or colorful silk panties () at thrift stores, Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc for a song. Be sure and remove the lining on the ties.

Step 1:

Cut the silk material in pieces big enough to cover the eggs. Wrap it around the egg completely and tightly making sure it has good contact with the surface. Make sure the printed side of the fabric is against the egg. If you put the twist tie on the 'long' point of the eggs the best pattern will be on the bottom or round end. See below:

If you want the best pattern on the side of the egg wrap them horizontally. Be sure to wrap them as tightly and smoothly (no wrinkles) as possible. See Below:

Step 2:

After the eggs are wrapped in silk, you’re going to wrap them again with a light colored light weight piece of fabric. An old pillowcase, sheet, or thin dish cloth is perfect. If you go to the thrift store to get ties, you may want to grab a pillowcase too. See Below:

Put all those little wannabe chickens in a pot and cover them with water. Add 1/4 C vinegar and bring it to a boil. After about 20 minutes you can remove the eggs and set them in a colander or on a towel to dry and cool. Once they’re cool enough to handle you can remove the fabric. You're done.

Some Examples:

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

They are nice. My aunt made me some from various species.
    " If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -Mark Twain

My wife said that's off of pintrest. You got an account MM?

Quote Originally Posted by Island Hunter View Post
    My wife said that's off of pintrest. You got an account MM?
    Naw man. My mom had heard about it and asked me had I heard it. I hadn't so I Googled it. There must be 100 articles about it on the web. Seems like everybody but me knew about it.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Just messin with you. The wife keeps the computer at home on pintrest. She had just tried this. They turned out alright.

Just messin with you.
    I knew that. What I don't know is what Pintrest is?

The wife keeps the computer at home on pintrest.
    I hear ya. I have a sister-in-law who's hooked on HGTV the same way. Her TV stays on that channel. When she comes home from work she watches it while she cooks supper. Then she retires to her bedroom and watches it there until she falls asleep. I tell her she's looney.

She had just tried this. They turned out alright.
    Cool. Mom said she was going to try it next year.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 04-08-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Hey now that's cool!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

The wife keeps the computer at home on pintrest.
    mine does the same with her pc.

i have yet to figure that site out other than its a place to share ideas and such.

she id learn to bake eggs instead of boiling them from pintrest. baked eggs are waaaay better than boiled eggs.