Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Virtual Memory ?

My staff uses hard drive duplicators. Does that count as imaging?

my low level tech mentality would say yes, but I'll let captain inferiority educate us on the synonymousness of ghost, imaging, and disk duplication.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    boy you will just try to find anything to make yourself feel smart. ghost is a imaging software, we don't use ghost, we do image. I realize they are the same. Feel better? Try to manage thousands of machines without imaging. as for funding, we get equipment cheaper thru various programs, not necessarily manpower.

You seem to have some inferiority complex you may need to have checked out. The need to try and make yourself feel smarter than others. Was your daddy a bit overbearing? Or did he sneak into your room at night and touch you in your special place? Either way, you are lacking, and should probably have that looked in to.
    none of this is because of my inferiority complex, napoleon complex, male pattern baldness, or oversized right testicle. this is because you gave ignorant information to someone that needed help. while your idea to go into msconfig and uncheck startup programs is not wrong, choosing all of them blindly (except for av and net as you said) is not the way to troubleshoot that problem. i'm not sure how that would get rid of malware regardless. obviously you know more about security and removing the malware than i do if thats all you have to do.
    apparently, you have some sort of obsession with gayness. what is the deal with that? do you have some complex or closeted infatuation with men or ,heaven forbid, little boys? something else that i'm wondering is why someone would step backwards from an "IT Manager" position to a "systems engineer" position?

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    none of this is because of my inferiority complex, napoleon complex, male pattern baldness, or oversized right testicle. this is because you gave ignorant information to someone that needed help. while your idea to go into msconfig and uncheck startup programs is not wrong, choosing all of them blindly (except for av and net as you said) is not the way to troubleshoot that problem. i'm not sure how that would get rid of malware regardless. obviously you know more about security and removing the malware than i do if thats all you have to do.
    apparently, you have some sort of obsession with gayness. what is the deal with that? do you have some complex or closeted infatuation with men or ,heaven forbid, little boys? something else that i'm wondering is why someone would step backwards from an "IT Manager" position to a "systems engineer" position?
    You can't triple stamp a double stamp. I said you have a complex, you can't say that i have one after. get your own material, lamer.

the advise was meant to be a starting point. And as i said, it is the QUICKEST way to determine if the issues is most likely program related or possibly hardware. If the machines is still slow after taking everything is taken out of startup, then you start leaning towards hardware ,bad ram possibly. Also, as far as malware, it wouldn't get rid of it, many times it will stop it from loading at startup and make the machine run faster while you ran a malware removal program.
    Last edited by everlast; 03-30-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Man, this is good stuff. E-penis... Bwahahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    You can't triple stamp a double stamp. I said you have a complex, you can't say that i have one after. get your own material, lamer.

the advise was meant to be a starting point. And as i said, it is the QUICKEST way to determine if the issues is most likely program related or possibly hardware. If the machines is still slow after taking everything is taken out of startup, then you start leaning towards hardware ,bad ram possibly. Also, as far as malware, it wouldn't get rid of it, many times it will stop it from loading at startup and make the machine run faster while you ran a malware removal program.

Lol
    -Samuel Adams

Hey Catdaddy,
    Did you ever do anything with your slow computer?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Not yet. Using my laptop mostly.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 04-12-2012 at 07:05 PM.