Thread: Need some help on a SKS price

Default Need some help on a SKS price

Guy wants $400.00 for it. Plus like two hundred rounds. Is it to much?
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Dunno about $400.00 but I had one in the TP for $300 and some ammo. Norinco. Wood stock. You can buy those cheap ass composite stocks for nothing if that's the look you want.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Perhaps a good deal with the ammo. If I had a SKS that would be the exact config I would want. Folding stock and able to take AK mags. Something to be said about that.

I still prefer the AK47 and $400 is getting in the price range of a quality used gun. I would stay away from Romanian AKs, these are going to be the cheapest ones, usually assembled from surplus parts on US receivers by monkeys in a basement somewhere, plentiful at gunshows etc, often have canted sights, other problems, but they still go bang everytime just arent the most accurate things in the world. I am running a MAK90 (high quality parts, thicker stamped receiver, chrome lined barrel, factory built in China, no longer imported) with a ACE folding stock, US Palm battle grip, kvar handguard with stainless heat shield, and a ultimak rail with Aimpoint Micro. My gun was surprisingly accurate and when I added the rail is seemed like it got even more accurate, perhaps from stiffening it up a bit. The dot makes my shooting better for sure. I also took a file and opened up the rear sight notch slightly. Irons cowitness nicely with the Aimpoint. I think I paid like $375 for the bare rifle...

Folded it is shorter than a 14.5" bbl M4. Fits perfectly in a tennis racket case with a mag in the well and a few more in the case for the ultimate concealed carry weapon.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 03-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Meh.

Personally never been a fan of the SKS or AK variants.

$200 and you'd still have to nudge me very hard to push me over the edge.

But, hell, that's just me.

Not an SKS or AK fan either, mainly due to the fact that if the SHTF, you'll want to be able to use ammo and mags from those that you may be up against.

Now you know why I'm on a gov't watch list. Big Smiles!!!!

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

You can usually order rounds for 4-5 bucks per 20....Those guns initially sold for around 100 bucks I think. If you like it and think its worth it then its not a bad deal. With the new found love for assault rifles 400 probably aint too terribly bad. Look around the ejector for the plastic to be melted...Some of the cheaper stocks were not so good at holding the heat from dumping 20 rounds out of it. I aint no expert on these but the pa in law just gave me a couple for hog eradication in numbers so I did a little reading and asking about.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Thanks for the input guys. Decided what the hell. It will be fun to have. Can't take the money with you so enjoy it while you can.
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by 295PRO View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. Decided what the hell. It will be fun to have. Can't take the money with you so enjoy it while you can.
    Thats fo sho.....A good deal is always one where the buyer and seller walk away happy,,,,I would still show him 35 10 dolla bills and see if he jumps
    You can grow up to be just like me....