Thread: Metacon Beach

Default Metacon Beach

Thought I'd share a couple pictures of my favorite workout site - Metacon Beach.

This is on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay, about four or five miles as the crow flies from where that Coastie helo went down that you might have heard about in the news (RIP). I see them out there practicing over the bay all the time when I'm working out. I have had them buzz me a couple times too, I can almost see them laughing at the crazy guy doing burpees, pushups, air squats, box (deck) jumps, swimming, and sprints down the beach. Its pretty moto to me actually.

The beach is desolate, rare to see another person, as you can see it is covered in hurricane debris - old piers and broke up lumber - like my adopted "platform" in the picture which is the site of many a ungodly "deck" jumps - about 30" to the top... The old piers sticking up out the water serve as markers for my swims. It is a 1 mile run from my house to the beach so it makes for some fun WODs - going to the beach, you fly on the runs because of course you are fresh, and especially fly the last tenth which is a pretty good downward grade from the bluff above, but going home you pray for death!

Beautiful place down there.

Cool spot, Walt. Right near Fairhope, I take it? Beautiful spot. Potato country down there.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Yes sir, I live in Fairhope.

"Bout to go roost a turkey. I'm in Tom Kelly country looking to slam my first Bama' bird in the morning!
    Last edited by walt4dun; 03-14-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Ah. I was down there with our AL rep. We went to Gulf Shores for a meeting and we swung through Fairhope on the way back up. He grew up there as a kid.

My best childhood friend from here lives in Lillian. I keep threatening to come down there to fish Perdido Bay with him.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I'm switching gyms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.