Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SEWE

Do any of yall attend the DU banquet? The 17th is the annual DU LowCountry Oyster Roast at the Charleston Visitor's Center. I have been to the Saturday events downtown but not the banquet. Just wondering if it's worth the $40. They say its the largest single night fundraising event east of the Mississippi River for DU. Must be something!
    Life is a highway and I'm ready to ride!

What night is it?

Friday night's oyster roast at the visitor's center is an event you do not want to miss. If you like 18 wheelers full of selects (locals that actually have flavor) and all the top shelf "lack-her" you can imbibe in, it is the place to be.

It will be by your own choice if you leave there either hungry or thirsty.

Feb. 17th is the du banquet- SEWE takes place all weekend
    Life is a highway and I'm ready to ride!

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

It is truly a great event and loads of fun and great people watching! It is impressive and raises a lot of bucks for the ducks!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

There are plenty of tickets still available for this great event. PM me if you need tickets - I will be in Columbia Thursday evening if anyone needs me to bring tickets up that way.

Tickets are priced at $40.00 each until Friday, Feb 10 when prices increase to $50.00 each. Call the DU ticket hotline at 843-216-1491 for more info or to purchase tickets. You may also order tickets online at www.sc.ducks.org.

It's a good banquet for sure. I've been to it four or five times. I'll be in charleston on friday but not sure if I'm going to the banquet yet. Get a crowd together and go!
    80-20 Genaration

This event is loads of fun! And well worth the price. I stopped counting after 15 bourbon and ginger-ale's, so I drank atleast $40 in liquor! Barbeque was great, they had shrimp and grits, chilli with deer meat, literally tons of oysters, a good live band, lots of stuff to bid on and raffles to try. I will be there this year, anyone else going?

Later, Troy
    every expert was once a beginner

Went to one of these events several years ago. Beer and wine. Had to go out to find something non-alcoholic to drink. (Zero tolerance for drink and drive.) I understand the alcohol fuels the funding. But if I go to an event, I do not expect to go to another place to find something non-alcoholic. Haven't been to an event since. Hope they have become more non-drinking (and family) friendly.
    You gain exerience by what you do, you gain wisdom by what someone else did. (Hey Ya\'ll, watch this!)

So who went? Was kind of crappy this year. They ran out of ginger ale, ran out of ice, quit serving food around 8:30 or so, waitresses were cute but very blunt, no tip no drink. Anyone here bid on the flags that flew over the capitol building? 1 went for $5700, the other $5600, ouch! And the boykin that went for $1400 I believe, but it was a great looking pup.
    Later, Troy
    every expert was once a beginner

Yeah. I went again this year

I was working the liquor basket raffle. Poor college kids have to go help setup so we can get in and drink fo' free'

I thought it was a pretty good banquet but I didn't stay for the entire thing.

I was amazed to see what those flags went for too.

My grandpa bought me one years ago that I still have in the box it came in with the governor's certificate and all. I think I might get mine framed like those at the banquet.
    Looked damn good and I have never heard the crowd get so excited over "The State Flag"
    [img]graemlins/alcs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/SC.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/confed.gif[/img]

Originally posted by mrtroy4man:
    Anyone here bid on the flags that flew over the capitol building? 1 went for $5700, the other $5600, ouch!
    Dayyyummmmm! I've got one of those, how much ya gimme for it?

Anyone see the drunk guy get arrested at the end....

Big.... guy took 3 CPD officers w/a few assisstants to get him cuffed...

I was a little ticked that the food was all gone by 8:30, in fact they ran out of bbq before then anyways, but it was a good time. I'll drop by the Flyway Foundation tommorow.....

If you get a chance, go by the Take One Make One setup by SC DNR. I volunteered some time there yesterday, and HAD A BLAST! The more the rod bent, the bigger the grins! Great for the kids (and each adult should get one for the living room!)
    You gain exerience by what you do, you gain wisdom by what someone else did. (Hey Ya\'ll, watch this!)

I went and had a ball. Worked the Flyway Foundation booth Saturday and spent today there wit the family. Saw alot of old friends and the eye candy couldnt have been better.

Met joeduck, Chap, and a bunch of lurkers from this site.

Friday night 2th cooked THE BEST oysters I have had in a long time and we enjoyed fine drink and good company on the shore of Folly with several friends.

Dookie was fun..... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The bird of prey demo was decent. I saw some kinda of hawk almost land on trashducks head while he was sitting on John C.'c monument.

Purina dog show was good.

Didnt watch the retriever demos.

Carnie food sucks, and is too damn expensive.

I am tired......

A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

We had a blast. Nice to meet you, Cutem. I need to rest for awhile.

Nice to meet all of you. Had fun for the short time I was there. How was the turnout yesterday?
    "A wife that cooks and cleans the dishes deserves these three wishes... A grateful mate, a well kissed cheek, and a restaurant dinner at least once a week!" - Pabst Blue Ribbon

Hung out at the FF booth on Sunday. Good to see all you guys again. Had a blast raising a little money for the ducks. Hung out with the guys on Folly on Thursday night. That 2th can cook! Had the best beef tenderloin I have ever tasted! Great time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

I want to thank all the board members that put it all together, We are on our way to a long and properous outtaking, I really think we have some great guys, great ideas and more "do-ers" than some would think. Again, thanks to all that helped put it together and all who came out to help.

The Flyway Foundation rocks! [img]graemlins/headbanger.gif[/img]

Taking time to tell folks about the FF is awesome. It is the org that hunters in this state have been looking for. What the FF is doing just makes too much sense.

2th did great with the oysters as usual, and who ever made the shrimp and grits Friday night did one helluva job too.

Pics of Dookie yackin in the trash can are on the way. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.