Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Member of this site...

Just curious, did they perform a blood alcohol test on the driver of the other boat? I'm sure they did I just didn't see where they mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Not only did this guy hit the boat. Didn't he run from the scene?

The plot thickens.

According to the officers on the scene, they detected beer on his breath but the blood test did not measure any in his system
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Didn't one of the officers testify his BAC was 0.11 five hours after the inicident?
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Add me to the list, don't drink on dry land or the water.

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
    Didn't one of the officers testify his BAC was 0.11 five hours after the inicident?
    Yea, the guy charged had a .11. I was referring to the driver of the other boat did not have anything in his system
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

If you pay attention, driving at 0.11 would not impair most people's reaction time and vision. A slight buzz can be dangerous because you let your guard down bc you feel normal. If he would have had twice as much to drink, he probably would have cruised home and kept eyes out front.

Terrible situation.

I'm guilty of everything SteveKran did that night, this is a good gut check thread.

I feel sorry for the families of those girls, and would want justice if I was their family as well.

Between the guilt of having the two girl's deaths and the 10 years sentence, I'm surprised Mr Kran has not taking his own life.

I hope Steve did not have kids....
    Last edited by Murray; 03-12-2012 at 02:58 PM.

He looks terrified in that photo. I feel bad for everyone involved.

Drinking simply isnt worth it. I learned that lesson not to long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    X3 at least the last two years and for the rest of my enjoyable life.
    X 4. Just never found what was so exhilarating with alcohol. Prayers for peace and healing to all involved in this tragedy, especially this young man who will need all of our prayers regularly. I'm afraid he has a long, tough road ahead of him. 300WM.
    In loving memory- KVP 1961-2009
    "Sooner or later the man who wins is the Man who thinks he Can!!!!!" Thanks Nor!!!

I was hell on wheels at one point. I should be dead from more than one occurrence.

It isnt worth it to me any more. When I fish, I have beer in the cooler, but the beer is for after the trip, and I never stock more than three drinks per man.

I find I come home with more fish, less drama, and dont have to fix as much shit when I get back sober. Besides, I have a 9 year old wing man now and I dont want his memories of his daddy to be that of a drunk.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I was hell on wheels at one point. I should be dead from more than one occurrence.

It isnt worth it to me any more. When I fish, I have beer in the cooler, but the beer is for after the trip, and I never stock more than three drinks per man.

I find I come home with more fish, less drama, and dont have to fix as much shit when I get back sober. Besides, I have a 9 year old wing man now and I dont want his memories of his daddy to be that of a drunk.
    This world would be a much better place if more kids had positive role models from their parents. Good on you for that BB!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    I'll take this a step further and offer that there is no such thing as an "accident" with regards to automobiles, boats, etc.
    Fish, you are correct in that statement. They are boating collisions and motor vehicle collisions. Accidents are something that happens by mistake. When collisions happen there is a violation of law.
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

He hit them and kept going. Serves him right...should be longer. Kelli was a great girl and I have no sympathy for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    If you pay attention, driving at 0.11 would not impair most people's reaction time and vision. A slight buzz can be dangerous because you let your guard down bc you feel normal. If he would have had twice as much to drink, he probably would have cruised home and kept eyes out front.

Terrible situation.

I'm guilty of everything SteveKran did that night, this is a good gut check thread.

I feel sorry for the families of those girls, and would want justice if I was their family as well.

Between the guilt of having the two girl's deaths and the 10 years sentence, I'm surprised Mr Kran has not taking his own life.

I hope Steve did not have kids....
    Where do you get that a 0.11% BAC would not affect most peoples reaction time and vision if you pay attention?
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Not only did this guy hit the boat. Didn't he run from the scene?
    Didn't our Chief Justice teach us to hurry home and claim we did not see or hear anything?

I dont drink at all!! I have a brother that is a full blown alcoholic and if this would've been him I would feel the same way about what I'm about to same!! 10 years is not enough!!! There are so many people who will suffer from this one case. Steve's life will be better than most of the average working mans life anyday. He can get the help he needs (free to him), all of his meals will be there for him (free to him), and he will have a roof over his head (yes, free to him)!!! The best part of this is that there will NOT be another family that has to go through this again caused him!! I know i'm going to get bashed for it so I prepared!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WEBFOOT View Post
    I dont drink at all!! I have a brother that is a full blown alcoholic and if this would've been him I would feel the same way about what I'm about to same!! 10 years is not enough!!! There are so many people who will suffer from this one case. Steve's life will be better than most of the average working mans life anyday. He can get the help he needs (free to him), all of his meals will be there for him (free to him), and he will have a roof over his head (yes, free to him)!!! The best part of this is that there will NOT be another family that has to go through this again caused him!! I know i'm going to get bashed for it so I prepared!!!!!

I am not taking his side at all, but food for thought...

I dont know him from adam's house cat. However, if he has any honor at all, he has to live with the knowledge that he took two women's life through gross negligence of his own.

With that said, the sentence was light comparing the fates of all three parties.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    That's the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard. The only thing a person should drive buzzed or drunk is a lawnmower for victory laps. If drinking didn't effect operation of motor vehicles then you wouldn't have MADD and organizations like it. You wouldn't have innocent dead people in lakes and plastered all over the road. Dipshits who drank and drove are responsible for the deaths of a few of my friends and a family member or two while the drunk walked away. I have zero tolerance for drinking and driving.

If your choice is to drink, then go ahead, I wish you the best. I've been there done that, got the trophies, scars and regrets from some of it. I put that shit down for good and don't miss it one bit but a man has to decide for himself. I will say this, if I see a person driving drunk, be it a boat or a car, I'm calling the law. It ain't tattling IMO, especially if it saves innocent people from someone else's stupidity.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by WEBFOOT View Post

Come on man. I'm not bashing you, but seriously? Do you actually think that PRISON life is better than most mans? He will be out in six years. That will be a long six years for him, but it wont be easy living. I dont wish that on anyone, but I do agree 10 years is too short for two girls lifes. Sad all around, let us not forget the parents of these girls.