Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Member of this site...

Sad for all parties involved. Those girls families are broken, this kid is done.....as mentioned above, this could of happened to just about anyone who has spent anytime on the water. Hopefully, this will serve as a big eye opener that you are and will be held responsible for your actions.

I was looking at Stevekran's old posts to remind myself of who he is - I was NOT looking for info with which to pile on. However, this innocent enough post is the kind of thing that can bite your ass. I'm guilty too.

Forum: SC Ducks Forum 01-19-2010, 11:27 AM
    Replies: 51
    Coffee
    Views: 734
    Posted By SteveKran
    When fishing in the winter, I take two thermos'...

When fishing in the winter, I take two thermos' of coffee and a handle of irish cream. Neither lasts very long...
    Last edited by smallwater; 03-10-2012 at 11:30 AM. Reason: spelling

If any one of you wont admit to operating a boat "under the influence", I will call you to your face a liar.

No pile on necessary. Gut check time folks.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    If any one of you wont admit to operating a boat "under the influence", I will call you to your face a liar.
    Wanna bet that?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    Wanna bet that?
    After posting, I immediately thought, shit...Mo is gonna come call me out.

You are the almost singular minority.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I am ten minutes from launching my boat on Murray. I will drive an hour or an hour and a half to not have to put my boat on Murray, on a weekend.
    It has gotten pretty crazy out there. I spend every weekend on the lake but do everything I can to be back in the slip before dark. I also stay away from the "party spots".

Can't imagine what these families are going though.

I never really though much about it. Is it that unique?
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

In the circles I have run in, yes.

I am not saying as a habit...but I would have a hard time believing there is more than 1-5 people on this board who have had more than a couple and operated a vessel at some point in their lives.

Those cuts around Suzie Ebert carry a tremendous amount of boat traffic when the boating season is in full swing. These weren't the first accidents to ever happen in this area. As much as it pains me to say, the "no wake zone" needs to be moved out around to the coast guard station. At least, that would slow folks down in there.

Well it takes one hour for .015% alcohol to leave a persons body. Factors are liver damage and stomach damage but for the everyday man/woman this is about the norm. His level was .11% five hours later. This means he was between a .2 and .16 at the time of the accident. The highest drunk drive I ever booked was at .29 and he was shitfaced. Could barely stand or walk. At a .4 better start heading to the ER. Just my two cents.
    Once again, those girls parents and families are to ones being punished. In five or six years he'll be out. Hopefully never drinking while boating or driving again.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler_Dave View Post
    Those cuts around Suzie Ebert carry a tremendous amount of boat traffic when the boating season is in full swing. These weren't the first accidents to ever happen in this area. As much as it pains me to say, the "no wake zone" needs to be moved out around to the coast guard station. At least, that would slow folks down in there.
    I would support that 100%. Have it start on the marinas side of Suzie Ebert. But the key would be to have it enforced. The no wake zone in the marina basins are hardly enforced.

Damn this is tragic.

I am probably at the "calmest" I have ever been when it comes to drinking and partying these days. I thank God I made it through the "wild" times and I don't miss them.

We all know of people whose lives have been changed with alcohol.

With the boating season coming, yall think about what you are doing out there. You really don't have to be hammered to have a good time.

Add me to the minority, I don't drink on the water or dry land.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post

Me either and have no sympathy for anyone who does. He was drinking, someone died and now he is in jail. Good. If that was my daughter who was dead, ten years would not be near enough, no matter how good a person he was otherwise.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Can you get a BUI in a canoe or kayak?

No
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

All accidents are 100% preventable.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    All accidents are 100% preventable.
    I'll take this a step further and offer that there is no such thing as an "accident" with regards to automobiles, boats, etc.

Not only did this guy hit the boat. Didn't he run from the scene?
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    X3 at least the last two years and for the rest of my enjoyable life.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013