Thread: THE FLYWAY FOUNDATION Thank you thread

Well....for all intents and purposes, the Flyway Foundation has completed their project for the year. All available houses have finally made it to their destination. We are making sure all the "parts" get there and the houses will be set for installation this fall/winter.

Again, I am deeply grateful to those that gave their hard-earned money and time to make this year's project the largest in our history. As you recall, we made upwards of 1000 houses this summer. With delivery to Ontario, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, we are covering our focus area even more. With another 100 houses to Maryland, we are looking into the possibility of the beloved black duck to make use of some houses, too.

And here are the "major players" that made all this possible:
    The Board of the FF. Good peeps. Working hard for something they are passionate about. Thanks.

The Conway Chapter of Delta Waterfowl and deltaducks....They gave us the money to buy the wire. It was no penny-ante stuff. This was big money and we would not have been successful without our local Delta Chapters here in SC.

Poker Run---especially KCM and rp. Tireless workers for another great cause. Those guys dont get the praise they deserve. A bunch of drunk yahoos come out and have a ball and forget that a few people had to do all the work to make it possible.

FF members--you would be amazed how $45 per person can add up. If you feel obligated to make a donation, PM me. We still need funds for our mission. We are not asking for your first-born or a lot of money...but it all adds up and we will take what we can get!

Long Point--check these guys out. Scott Petrie is a very well-known waterfowl biologist and is leading the charge for Jeremy Stempka and his project to study nest success and brood survival. Without this scientific data, we wouldn't have the numbers to brag about.

Mark Morse and SCOUTS CANADA. We are now working with the Boy Scouts in Canada and have a merit badge in place that involves hen houses and studying their usage. We will be getting some great press from this area during a big waterfowl festival next month. I will post more details when i get them.

I know there is more to add....but suffice it to say that I am impressed with everyone that has been involved thus far. I want to see more FF stickers on trucks and more dedicated volunteers as time goes on. If you want a sticker, PM me.

THE DUCKS THANK YOU!!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

A big thanks to all the board members who made it happen!

There are some more poker run $'s in the Delta account about to be mailed to the FF. This was mentioned last night at our 5 man statewide convention at Salty's.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

We couldn't do it without all the volunteers. I would like to add a couple to the list on the other end. We have a close working relationship with the Michigan Delta Waterfowl Chapters,Waterfowl USA,and the Michigan DNR. These are some of the big players on our new projects in the focus area.

Thanks again to all that helped.

What a great year for migratory ducks! [img]graemlins/thumb2.gif[/img]

This thing requires the help of the dedicated volunteers all the way around. It is awesome to see the tireless efforts of everybody that contributes each year - from their attendance at the poker run, to the many Delta chapters involved, to sending in contributions online, to corporate partners, to those that cut the wire and stuff the hay.

BTW, here's a link to the Long Point Waterfowl and Wetlands Research Fund.... LPWWRF

They are but one of our strategic partners. Take a minute to check them out.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

i forgot SALTY NUT> That crazy MoFo and his band of merry men have ALWAYS come through with some fine eats and drinks. The workday meals would not have been the same without his donations.

Thanks again, Salty Nut!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Big thanks to all involved.Its nice to see a group of people come together to work on something like this that will improve duck hunting in SC.
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

I am just glad I could help.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Thanks Toof, and Thanks to all that have contributed both time and money to make the FF's projects a success.

On behalf of the Conway Delta Chapter and all of the chapters that I represent, it was our pleasure to help out and we look forward to many more years of contributions.

Toof, as RP said I do have more funds from the poker run that I will get to you.
    [COLOR=darkgreen][B]"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke [/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=#006400]"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell[/COLOR][/B]

Definitely a big THANK YOU to all involved. It's been work, but it's productive. The chapters, businesses and individuals that have stepped up and made donations are invaluable. Obviously without the financial and in-kind donations, we couldn't have done it. But also with out the volunteers, we couldn't ahve either. I've enjoyed working and getting to know more of ya'll.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Great work on this guys! I need to get off my wallet and join.

You could also get off your ass and help Greco [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] , maybe even drag out Kirk, mc and some of the other boys from Flora that hang out on here [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]

I'd like to thank 2th for allowing the use of his facilty to build the houses, thanks 2oof.

Thanks to delta, SMI steel, and the FF board for all your hard work and detication, thanks
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

i agree with all above , and jp is right it has been awesome putting faces to to some these dum mo's from here:thumb: [img]graemlins/smiley01.gif[/img]
    even if some them like clemson

Originally posted by btduckcall:
    even if some them like clemson
    You're just jealous that it took a few more Clemson guys to help get this to where it is...

Guys, I want to thank you (especially Candor for setting me up) for letting me get involved. The last workday was my first but it won't be my last. I throughly enjoyed it and couldn't belive what I had been missing out on. I left amazed at what you guys do. Next time I'll come more prepared, with 4 bales instead of 2 (maybe even 6).

So when are we looking at trying to do it again?
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Nice job fellas.

It's nice being able to put faces with screen names. At least we will know who were talking shit to.

I'm ready for the next one.

---

Hate i missed this one Toof, if you guys need any other tasks taken care of let me know, and thanks for what you guys have done for the ducks.